Honda D Series Forum banner

241 - 260 of 287 Posts

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI hb/ 01 GSR
1,918 Posts
This thread has more win in it then any other thread ive read on dseries.

Dude, youre like some type of super hero of the DIY world. Im seriouly jealous, i use to think i was creative.

Nice work man.

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #242 (Edited)
This thread has more win in it then any other thread ive read on dseries.

Dude, youre like some type of super hero of the DIY world. Im seriouly jealous, i use to think i was creative.

Nice work man.
calm down tiger..:)
thanks man!
figured at best it was the trashiest girl in the park...
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

Next up I am trying to come up with a better pcv scheme,, maybe I guess?well it won't just be an old beer can or will it?still not sure if it will be open or closed..drain back.some kind of slash cut?idk
any suggestions?

Hogged out the black box exit hole now it can be an entrance:)... and drilled some of the baffling ,outta ma way!Hose fits snug as a bug..
hose id 3/4

this is probably a really bad idea and looks kinda stupid but free so meh..

hose to cap is a tight fit head in an asshole tight ,man did it not want to go in...will probably still leak and fall out on it's own..
hose id 11/16

The can was a freebee with a 12 pack so almost a beer can, "mounting "strap from a box spring...

supposed to be a oil baffle/deflector so it better do as I say!

drilled into the vc baffle ,,why not...?

held in place with some bird shit.

should still be able to get some oil in there ,a bit slower maybe..

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #243
I just couldn't wait to find out if my valve cover and oil cap vent woulds at least sort of work ,
Had some warm ass weather and road were dry so I put it on ol smokey and did some up hill 2-3rd gears :) rev limit bouncing and such and drove around for 30 min..

was just playn' so catch can is a temp ..
conclusion :It might just work, after my fun all that was in the can was a few drops of nasty yellow water..

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #245 (Edited)
Awesome! It's back up and running! Did it feel good to get it out and about?
:) just dug out of snow bank ? was real nice !,I was so glad the roads thawd for a day but shit is it torn up heaved and pot holed
, snow and ice roads and I don't drive it unless I am having a fit!

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #246 (Edited)
so,,, got myself bored and sidetracked ,,
and there was some garbage burning a hole in my pocket and some demons to get out of my head..

suspenders are from an old fast orange bottle ,maybe a little stiff so next time might go with the sour cream..wwanted some tin metal but didn't have .

2 watt computer speaker with shoe glued two layers of old wagon tube ,one outer layer has a bolt stabbed through ..

what a slob ,hope to make it into something not just shit slammed on a bread board.

infra red and photo diode,,mounted on piece of snapped the corner off of an old radio circuit board.
fancy centering tooling,,, ball bearing :)....

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
811 Posts
What's it for rob? Looks cool!

I see it does magic spinney things, but I guess I need context lmao.

What scope stuff do you use? Ha! Throwback question lol

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #249
Long winter eh?
yeah, staring at the igloo wall is getting to me..

What's it for rob? Looks cool!

I see it does magic spinney things, but I guess I need context lmao.

What scope stuff do you use? Ha! Throwback question lol
whats it for? not sure yet,for now it is a distraction to save me from myself ,being stuck with this damp cold miserable wintery french hell..almost praying for a little fire and brimstone ..I;m sure hell is actually fucking cold they say its hot but its a trick ,you end up bringing your sandals and sun hat but you should have brought your boots made from a clubbed baby seal and a tuque ...
and looking cool is probably all it will amount to :(

haha magic spinney things ,fuckin' right it does!
the idea is it needed to be simple and not over complicate the situation ..

The basic idea is,cradle vibration is converted to voltage by the speaker .no circuits just some diodes to keep voltage under 1volt,,, todally analOG makes me smile.:)

IR is picking up a line painted on part and acts as the trigger/reset so is rpm sensor.
uses lm339 comparator switching a pn2222 low to high when photo diode sees the line..
magic spinney stuff happens .
cross fingers sound card doesn't explode.cuz that is were the magic goes .

Scope stuff I'm playing with :) is
Soundcard Scope by Christian Zeitnitz ,,, free for personal use.
and Software snaked from dynexhobby ..

anyway what is it supposed to do ? one day I hope to be able to balance turbocharger shafts and other things that are small and can go spin... but right now its sort of rude and crude ..

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #252

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #253
Been playing with my junk trying to make it a little more friendly..

box made from cut up cdrom case.
in/out panel snagged from back panel on old computer..

oh and it has a knob!

got this bitch rigged , powered by usb.

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #254
Well been lazy and stuff or mental blocks..?Have not updated on much....
Got the dirty15 in place bout a month back ,but tuning I feel on slow motion ,,been tooting around vtec off and 5 psi ,,fuck is it slow as molasses ! but it feels strongish?
engine has 20inches at idle, the last engine when I took it out was around 16 hah.

first start was like butter..

idle would not come down so made a block off plate for the tv

also have the b000 in there ,when I put it back together i used permatex motoseal ....we will see how it performs..
on their website it is the only one that actually specifies to be used on case halves ..anybody else use it?

Been real thirst making walls/...

yup real scummy ,I promise pussy pics next time..

If you ever had this you would know it can't be fucked off by removing the bios battery ..
If a supervisor bios password gets set on ibm thinkpad you most likely launched it off a bridge soon after..
picked this up for 5$ from some rat off the back street garage sale no ac adapter so no testing her..yeah it works he says..

yeah those pins are tiny as fuck ... the chip itself is the size of a big ladybug..

I used a simple interface .thats right serial port bitches!

the leds are not just for show..:)

I used ponyprog to dump the data to a bin ,then used ibmpass to "translate"

and the password ended up being BMO4ME2 .boom unlocked bios..
was going to install new os right off but decided to creep around what was installed ,,
so burned pogostick to a cd and booted up,nice little program will get rid of most windows os admin\all password s..

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #258 (Edited)
interesting research I might have to look into more..

been hope was having issues with this muthu ,would runn funny throw code9 if reved high.
would not keep its tune with crazy train a/f .....so how do you at least slow the blue death on ecu/harness pins?
ended up having to change obd jumper plug and also found the ostrich batteries decided to leak making a pitiful mess of the contacts.. ,,frig duracell suck me!
put in some bunnies ..guess I gotta take the batteries out when I'm not playing like with the ol' walkie..

oh yeah

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
811 Posts
.....so how do you at least slow the blue death on ecu/harness pins?
Mr electronics expert over here asking how lol, you know this already!

The car connectors in the cab are a bit more difficult than just the ECU, since you can't directly scrub them, but you can neutralize the corrosion happening on the outsides of the terminals a bit, as well as use the ECU male pins to "scrub" the faces of the female terminal spring contacts to bring them back down to bare/clean metal.

Take some baking soda/HOT water in a bowl, mix it up with a spoon, then with the bowl underneath the connectors, pour the water/baking soda directly into the terminal openings. Plug them into the ECU, and remove/reconnect a few times. Repeat the baking soda terminal fill process again, and the ECU connect/disconnect process as well. Do this 3-4 times. Doing this also lets the corrosion on the pins in the ECU connector interface have contact with the baking soda/water, softening up their corrosion. Then, unplug the connectors from the ECU and drown them inside the baking soda/hot water solution bowl for 30 mins or so.

After 30 mins, drain the baking soda/water, and refill with clean HOT water. Douse and rinse the connectors in the hot water, trying to remove the baking soda residue. Flush the connector a few times, then when the hot water runs clear, use compressed air/ to forcibly dry the terminal connectors and blow all water out of them. Once the air removes the bulk of the water, use a hair dryer to bring the connector/terminals/wires up to hot temperature to get any residual water to evaporate, leaving nice clean dry connectors.

ECU side is easier. Take whole board out of the aluminum case. Use a small bowl with baking soda and hot water, mix together with an old toothbrush and scrub down all the male connector interface pins with the toothbrush and baking soda mixture:

Let the baking soda sit for a minute or two, then scrub, and repeat a few times. Then once the blue/white schmutz has faded/cleaned, take entire ECU board and rinse the entire male connector interface under hot water from your tap, this guy, to get all the baking soda/water out:

You won't damage the electronics on the board if you get them wet, I would just protect your emulator daughterboard if you have one and/or the ZIF socket since water can get down in those things. Make sure to dry the entire connector pin interface with compressed air/blow dryer, as well as the rest of the ECU for as long as it takes to get it completely dry. You can put it back in the case once dry.

THEN, if you want the BEST electrical connector protector/contact enhancer, proceed with caution at the sticker shock for this 15mL bottle of (probably never heard the name before) Stabilant 22A:

NAPA is the only distributor I know of that sells it in Canada, apart from driving to Richmond Hill Ontario to buy direct from DW Electrochemicals lol. Simply take the bottle and place a tiny drop in each one of the female ECU dash connector terminal holes, then while the holes still have a small concave bubble of this liquid in them, plug the connectors into the ECU male pins. The bubble will coat the male pins as you connect the connector. Then remove the connector, and use the small brushes, with a drop at a time keeping the brush wet, to brush the male pin terminals with the liquid, and reconnect the connectors once complete.

Solves terminal fretting and intermittent electrical issues better than anything else I've come across. I can't tell you how many times I've had customer cars come into the shop over the years with extremely intermittent electrical disconnect style based symptoms. Sometimes they would come in multiple times for the same issue, but no matter how long I kept the car or drove it, set the scope up trying to capture glitches during test drives or at idle, they never fucked up. Sometimes I'd have the car for multiple weeks trying to make headway. In these cases at wits end, I would disconnect all major connectors I could reach in the engine bay, put drops of this stuff in all terminals, reconnect them and send the car out the door. Magically, the cars would stay away lol.

I don't use anything else for enhancing contacts on restored, previously-corroded or fretted multi pin connectors. Been using it for over 12 years as a technician, best stuff I know of. Here's a brief description on how it works, developed by NASA for usage on the space shuttle, made in Canada :)

The stuff works like an insulator normally, keeping corrosion in check, but at the atomic scale it behaves like a semiconductor. Then any electric potential or current near this stuff across two points at the atomic scale turns the stuff into a full on conductor. Guarantees a connection as good as a soldered connection, but with the freedom to still have a connector based connection.

It's either that, or a light coating of dielectric grease brushed on the ECU male pins with a QTip once the pins/terminals are clean, and call it a day lol. Lemme guess which one you pick haha. Damn, if only you were closer! I have 3 half empty bottles of this stuff from old jobs, you could use as much as you want!

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #260
Contact Enhancer Fluid

Part #: UNI CE1

Line: NAPA Ignition / Fuel

Contact Enhancer Fluid

This item is not vehicle specific.

RESERVE ONLINE PRICE (CAD):

$170.80
/Each

Pickup in Store

Special order: Reserve Now

Check nearby stores

Qty:
ADD TO CART

yeah but my thread lacks any real technical explanations or even complete sentences ...,:)

thanks man.

I did the soda cleaning just was looking for a Cheap way to protect ,haha..should have used my words..

and holly shit more expensive than a ...... .
I guess a vile would last a while ...

241 - 260 of 287 Posts