221 - 240 of 290 Posts

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #221 (Edited)
Don't try this at home!.

..or do?

the y7 in the car has oil on one of the spark plugs" wet threads" on cyl4 ..I hope just the rings are butt fucked or something...
also noticed the turbo is stating to have play in the thrust bearing..these td04 turbos really need an upgraded trust collar if you are going to push them...hmmm next time I guess..

So... anyway figured it was time to get a Dirty15Zsex together..

I am using rock auto on sale/clearance/cheapest bearings and rings .

head gasket set from ishi stone, overnight parts from japan..

yes vitara's ...

I

you've got a nasty hole..

douche!

notching dirty ass b7 block ,oil must have never been changed black stained insides..
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

chamfer those littel holes ..

precision journal polish with ninja turles shoe lace drive string.. Quiz :what clock does a D turn?
started at 800 ended 2500 grit and then ragged on..

thats right ! I used my best piece of kicking around scrap plywood for this one..

no more free hand jobs?! , but I think the budget was blown because I used a new cutting disk...

sweet! 10 seconds flat!:)
dirty rough ass 220 grit hone job..
Ring Gaps
1st 0.020"
2nd 0.021"
oil 0.025 out of the box

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
847 Posts
Dude, wtf! Thats the best ring grinder ever!

I literally just bought a ring grinder for like 40 bucks. I want to return it now and just make that since I already have that stuff laying around...

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
stupid broken internet!

Dude, wtf! Thats the best ring grinder ever!

I literally just bought a ring grinder for like 40 bucks. I want to return it now and just make that since I already have that stuff laying around...
hehe, It did the deed that;s for sure..

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #224 (Edited)
can't tell my ass from a hole in the ground now...

how else to slam the pistons home but with a High tek ring compressor made from a door panel off an old kenmore dishwasher and some worms gears..

gonna edit :installed the rings like so..

rod bearings are engine tech
rod clearances ended up between 0.016-0.018

mains are itm
mains clearance was between 0.018-0.020
will see how the low quality bearings do...there was alot of sharp edges and even some burrs ,so had to work them over good with manicure file and some hand motion...

arp2000 3/8 1.5 unc torqued these fuckers to 43lbs...

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
847 Posts
desmegged std bore vitara
Maybe its the camera angle but the center of the dish looks dome shaped lol, it was seriously throwing me off haha.

I never would have known they were vitaras because of how smooth and polished they are... way to polish the knob rob!

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #228
Maybe its the camera angle but the center of the dish looks dome shaped lol, it was seriously throwing me off haha.

I never would have known they were vitaras because of how smooth and polished they are... way to polish the knob rob!
that must have messed with your head man!

sometimes I do sometimes I don't,,happy ending ?sure hope so..
I think I got the direction "right" ?"lefty"? still don't know ,the big valve relief is on the intake side..

I got to calm the fuck down !almost forgot the thrust bearing then I almost put the shit insideout .made sure to hit myself upside the head for pulling that shit..atleast I don't have that old recurring nightmare feeling that the rod bolts didn't all get tightened ..I would post the shiffty emog here... usually.. probably just some dust or maybe excess moisture..?

probably does nothing but I was running low on aluminum shavings..

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
847 Posts
"atleast I don't have that old recurring nightmare feeling that the rod bolts didn't all get tightened"

I've been a technician by trade for, getting close to 18 years now, those dreams never go away haha.

I will say this, it is a trend I've found that the better technicians seem to always dream of their work at home, and the ones who don't tend to go the way of "I just don't give a f***".

I can't tell you how many times I've woken up the next morning with a mental checklist of things I need to double/triple check before firing up a major rebuild on something. Those dreams have saved my ass quite a few times!

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #236
Time for head !

high tek head stand made from some old bed frame.

Exhaust side looks pretty shitty..:(

look out 60's!

might work..

weeee!

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
847 Posts
We must have been smoking the same stuff or something at one point.

I've never seen anyone lap valves using a drill, drill bit and a piece of vacuum line, other than myself... I'm at a loss right now actually lol

Thumbs... fucking... up!

Looking good man, can't wait to see more ripper videos!

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #240
We must have been smoking the same stuff or something at one point.

I've never seen anyone lap valves using a drill, drill bit and a piece of vacuum line, other than myself... I'm at a loss right now actually lol

Thumbs... fucking... up!

Looking good man, can't wait to see more ripper videos!
...maple leaf at the moment...

yeah gotta save the wrist for more important stuff..haha
thanks man!

I am getting supper anxious ,it's starting to be almost...

just teasing myself..

221 - 240 of 290 Posts