Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 EG, 88 ST165 WRC
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sponsored by Honda, so you must vote NOW!

Project Drive-In | Honda

Personally I don't care where you live, which one you vote for or anything; but I have a huge soft spot for drive-in theaters... they're a big part of American car culture in the 20th century.

When I hear "drive-in" I instantly think of 50's era cars: T-birds, tri-five Chevies, Henry Js and the ubiquitous Deuce coupes. Warm summer nights, cruising around in loud fast old cars, not having a care in the world... just good times.

Anyone else?

:grouphug:

·
Registered
92 EG, 88 ST165 WRC
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn, thanks... did not see that.

·
MuthaFuckaUppa
2009 Civic Si Sedan
539 Posts
One of the last original drive ins in Indiana is right down the street form me.

They charge just as much as a real theater, so I only go once a year.
They have been updating equipment though, new projector. Hopefully new speakers soon, or better broadcasting of their signal.

Beep, Beep.

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
One of the last original drive ins in Indiana is right down the street form me.

They charge just as much as a real theater, so I only go once a year.
They have been updating equipment though, new projector. Hopefully new speakers soon, or better broadcasting of their signal.

Beep, Beep.
Its so worth it to have your privacy and you can talk all you want in your vehicle or dont have to listen to others blabbing on, a huge plus if you have a nice sound sytem in your vehicle

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I had 3 within a hours drive and they've all closed down. Nearest one to me now is down in VA. Sucks to see them go, so many good memories going to the drive in.

·
Registered
681 Posts
odd they dont have the one down the road from me i my self love to go but my wife doesn't understand the big deal my local drive in is a twin screen twin showing as in $5 ticket for two movies and you have your choice of which pair you want to see

1 - 8 of 8 Posts