Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey so i have had my afc for about 6 months now and i have been trying to get it tunned but dyno time is pricey. if i can tune it my self to get some use out of it till i get it dyno tunned that would be awsome. can any one help me out?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a 94 ex, all i got is stage 1 clutch kit, short shifter, head is ported out and milled. thats about all affecting the motor. no wideband, just the stock one. ill be getting some blue top injectors, and fuel rail and header soon but i want to mess with it before i get that stuff cause it will be a while.

·
Registered
314 Posts
a wideband allows you to see what your air/fuel ratio looks like, without one its either a dyno, or a guess. with guessing, your not gonna know what your getting, because it may not be enough to feel, the only way to tell is if your a/f is rich/lean, and correct it based on what the wideband sensor sends back.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Dyno is the only way to fly IMO. A wideband does provide accurate readings but constant WOT pulls on the street are just not safe.....You can do a decent Partial throttle tune but dyno time is a good investment, especially since you have a ported head. but thats just my .02

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no i know that its the best way to go but i cant afford that yet. after i finish with the motor or at lease get headers n all the other accessories to help breathe then ill get it tuned..

·
Registered
836 Posts
other thing you may consider to hold you over is to install a FPR. I am suprised you havn't gotten a CEL with a ported head. Couple buds have had it done and stock fuel won't cut it for them. Hopefully your not running lean...

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah i need a fpr and fuel rail, and injectors, n some other stuff what the hell is a CEL?? and yeah i wont know if im leanin out till i get a new o2 sensor.

·
Registered
784 Posts
You dont need FRP, fuel rail, or injectors. Your stock ones are fine. You arent making that much power. My best suggestion is to run the AFC zero'd out. Get to the point where you are basically done modifying the car(buy your header,intake, blah blah blah). Then schedule an hour of dyno tuning(should cost roughly $150). With your paticular setup you shouldnt need more than an hour. I suggest bringing $200 with you though. If they are dicks and kick you off the dyno after an hour, say you have $200 and you need your tune completed. If they are good guys they will continue tuning even if it takes an extra 30 minutes.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well thing is an hour of dyno tuning around here cost like 400 bucks. not no 150, if i could find a dyno to tune at for 150 it would have been done already.
oh and the dyno shop told me i need fpr, rail, and injectors, before id could be tunned. any one know of a better shop around in or around austin.

·
Registered
258 Posts
stock injectors good enough, fpr is just basically going to bring up your idle but nothing else. Just because you have a port done it doesn't mean that you will throw a cel. A cel is when you get a check engine light that will come on. To check, I am sure you know how by now.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
oh!! yeah no check engine light.. im good. i just wanna tune my car a little.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts