Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just talking for a few friends, tried to search but how does an SAFC work. Like the Apexi one.

Do you just plug it in and it automaticly adjust to proper air/fuel or do you adjust it your self?

Any extra info? I was kinda looking into it as a replacement to the Drag turbo kits, FMU?

·
Registered
836 Posts
SAFC requires tuning. It basically operates off of your map signal and tricks your ecu into believing its either rich or lean a certain amount. FMU's are bad because it adds fuel by simply raising your fuel pressure exponentially. This will make your setup run, but not very well to say the least.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
mferrari said:
Ok, I might have a guy who will trade me his Apexi SAFCII for my HIDs of my cavalier.

If I do this, will the SAFC (if I have it tuned propery by a shop) work well with the Drag turbo kit to make it run safe?
It should work good if you get it properly tuned :grin:

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Sohc Wrath said:
just dont go any higher than 8 psi on stock internals.
8psi makes no difference stock internals can do 15psi just depends on the turbo basically you go by how much hp it can handle not how much boost.....a safe area is about 225whp.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
BseriesKllR said:
8psi makes no difference stock internals can do 15psi just depends on the turbo basically you go by how much hp it can handle not how much boost.....a safe area is about 225whp.
Thats just what I read up on before, not really a big turbo guy so excuse my stupidity ;-)

·
Registered
369 Posts
speaking of this. My y8 is running jrsc what fuel management that i can get to get rid of the fmu and will not hurt my pocket. I don't plan on pushing past 9psi .

B

·
0 Posts
so the safc i bought is junk and is worthless aside from the tach portion of it ? any base maps that soemone has used i have I,H,E, MPFI swap ... and 91 si ecu

1 - 18 of 18 Posts