Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, long time lurker, just picked up an 89 Civic Si shell that I am probably going to do a slight STS build on. Have D.C. sports header and Intake, picking up a d16a6/tranny combo tomorrow. Looking at both the old standby koni race/go setup and Dave W's ew Bilstein setup. Has anyone used the latter on the national level?

·
Registered
1990 civic, 1991 CRX
181 Posts
I've got the Whitener racing shocks on both the SMF and EP car. Both cars went from a Koni/GC setup to David's shocks. I have nothing but good things to say about his shocks, and his customer support is top notch as well.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,296 Posts
Just when you thought a DNR was in place....

WWD, I thought about stopping in while I was in NH not long ago...but headed into VT towards home :)

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha, there have been some long gaps in my visits.

Went to look at a D16a6 engine & tranny today, engine was a POS that had had the headgasket replaced, but head not resurfaced, a whole can of copper gasket seal sprayed on, and still leaking from the front corner under the distributor. Didn't know what the supply had dried up so bad and that this was going to be such a chore and that a rebuild was going to be so likely.

·
Registered
1990 civic, 1991 CRX
181 Posts
Just when you thought a DNR was in place....

WWD, I thought about stopping in while I was in NH not long ago...but headed into VT towards home
I saw that you were coming up my way and was going to suggest you do that, but I happened to be in upstate NY that weekend.

Next time!

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,296 Posts
I saw that you were coming up my way and was going to suggest you do that, but I happened to be in upstate NY that weekend.

Next time!
I wish to take the northern route during a summer trip. While I wanna make it out west, Pocono and the Glen are on this years schedule to visit, maybe even Lime Rock.

·
Registered
EG8
1,055 Posts
My theory is the guys using these cars for conpetition and events in general will be the long term guys. That's why I linger every so often.

I just need to start posting about my build. But I've always been shitty with that.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finally starting to do a little on the car. Scored some 88-89 seat rails finally, so need to fab some seat mounting brackets (bought some cheap ebay seats for now, will probably be handing down the Corbeau Forza Sports from my Exocet this winter when I purchase lighter seats for it). Also have a whole pile of Poly Bushings, stainless brake lines, new OE clutch and flywheel, new brake master cylinder, new front pads and rotors and rear drums, shoes and cylinders, used AST rear sway and a set of Whitener Racing Bilsteins.

·
Premium Member
88 RT4WD wagon
227 Posts
My theory is the guys using these cars for conpetition and events in general will be the long term guys. That's why I linger every so often.

I just need to start posting about my build. But I've always been shitty with that.
yup to both of those.

lets see that exocet!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts