Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my setup is a t3 custom turbo, intercooled, port polished head, hondata s300 (tuned professionaly) cp pistons, eagle rods, walbro fuel pump, full exhaust no cat, skunk2 megapower muffler, 10psi,

heres the problem, dyno day my last two runs (best runs) 1st run: max power 137.1 @5200rpm max torque 144.3 @4300rpm

2nd run max power 137.1 @ 5200rpm max torque 143.7 @4900rpm

as you can see i could use alittle advice i have a boost gauge and on full boost im hitting 10psi

any thoughts? thanks for your time

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Need more info! You have a shitty tune, or somthing is really fucked up. Is everything connected correctly(charge pipes)?

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Since it is "profesionally" tuned why dont you ask the guy that tuned your car??? This would make more sense if you would have done this from the begining.

im guessing its a really small t3, full exuast is really 2-1/4 piping, also since it has been tuned by someone else "profesionally" i would say its a conservitive tune with lots of fuel too boot. The higher tourqe rating over the HP is also somehting to look at.

Also why only 10psi on built internals??? Im sure you could max out that turbo easily on what you have listed.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I have 450cc injectors on a d16y5 sohc vtec.
charge pipes are connected properly,
do you honestly think i wouldnt ask him why such low numbers? all he could do is put the blame on the turbo. the reason only 10 psi is because i need to upgrade to a 3bar map sensor, also i only have 100 miles on the engine, so im trying to break it in with 10psi. the turbo is a t3 42. 48. and yes it was on a mustang dyno

need more info please be specific thanks everyone for your time and help, hope to solve this problem

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
when im in boost i hit full boost at 10psi, untill i let up, atleast thats what my boost gauge reads.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
also look into boost leaks...they ca drain alot off your power

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
Your torque is dropping off in the upper revs. Thats why you are making more torque than horsepower. Either your turbo is too small or there is a restriction in the exhaust somewhere.

But you only have 100 miles on the engine.... Maybe the rings arent seated 100% so you are loosing power that way.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
what size exhaust are you running? When the muffler shop messed mine up and bottle necked it I was doing low #'s too. Once I got it all 3" I gained a lot

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
my leak down test came out good 2% - 3% in each cylinder. i was hoping i would atleast make 200whp with my setup man was i wronge, been checking for boost leaks, none so far. i have a 2.5 exaust, with a skunk2 megapower muffler that is 3inch with a 4inch tip, no cat. hope that helps thanks for your time everyone

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
Time for a new tuner ouch! What block/head/cam combo are you running? It sounds like you are a tooth off on the timing.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
d16y5 block, port and polished head, no cam stock springs and retainers, my timing is on point. acutally had to move a couple teeth during tuning put a timing light on thanks for your help

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
Hold on hold on! You had to move a few teeth? What the hell for? Theres electrical timing and mechanical timing. You can get your "electrical" timing (using a timing light) to be on spot without the mechanical (cam/crank) timing being correct. I'd say line the crank up, put #1 at TDC and check those cam marks. Thats just too much hp loss to be something a dizzy turn will fix. It just doesnt add up.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
reason for moving a few teeth: When my buddie and i put my timing belt back on we didnt line it up correctly we were off a few teeth, so for in order for my timing to be correct when the tunner was doing his job he had to line the belt up in its correct location. to get the correct reading on my timing now everything lines up where it should. Not sure if this helps, but i belive my timing on my hondata chart says its like 15-18 degress? dont know if this is totally correct

·
Registered
613 Posts
your advanced 15-18 degrees? if anything you should be at zero or retarded a degree or two

·
Registered
629 Posts
Bouncer said:
your advanced 15-18 degrees? if anything you should be at zero or retarded a degree or two
:bull:

I don't even know where to start with that comment. I don't want to flame someone, so i'll say it as politely as possible. You are mistaken. He could probably throw another 8-10 degrees at it before it would pre-ignite. (at full boost and redline...I don't know what part of the map is at 15-18 )

1 - 20 of 71 Posts