Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few days ago my clutch started slipping like hell(couldn't rev past 1.5) and my ISB has been bad for over a year so it's time to swap it out. I have a Quaife LSD Bone spec transmission going back in with the KF702-03CB clutch. I've told a few people on here but it seems like no one wanted to pick it up so I figured I'll do a review on it to get the word out more.

The KF702-03CB is a 6 puck sprung clutch, it's not rated in HP numbers but it does have a LIFETIME WARRANTY! With 2 day shipping/tax it was $202.34.

Link: Sachs KF702-03CB - Clutch Kit | O'Reilly Auto Parts

On to the pics:

Axle nuts are being a b!tch so haven't installed it yet but I'll have it done by this weekend.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Here is the reason why the clutch went out...

Getting there:

To Be Continued

·
Registered
28 Posts
what car? motor? is this clutch going on? im curious cause ive thought of getting this one but havent heard much from it..

·
Registered
1971 VW Super Beetle
1,107 Posts
I wish I could get one for my wagon, but my TOB is different and I don't want to have to pay $30 extra for a freaking TOB

·
Registered
1971 VW Super Beetle
1,107 Posts
reuse urs?
I have no idea how old the current TOB is or in what kind of shape it is in really so I would not risk continued use it if I was going to go through all the effort to replace the clutch anyway. Also it would bug me to buy that clutch kit and get an extra TOB I could never use... Why buy things twice?

Though, if I had a 2wd Civic I'd probably be all over that clutch kit. Sachs is a great brand and the lifetime warranty is too good to pass up.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what car? motor? is this clutch going on? im curious cause ive thought of getting this one but havent heard much from it..
I have a 95 Acura Integra w/D16Z6

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have no idea how old the current TOB is or in what kind of shape it is in really so I would not risk continued use it if I was going to go through all the effort to replace the clutch anyway. Also it would bug me to buy that clutch kit and get an extra TOB I could never use... Why buy things twice?

Though, if I had a 2wd Civic I'd probably be all over that clutch kit. Sachs is a great brand and the lifetime warranty is too good to pass up.
Sachs PC702-01 - Clutch Kit | O'Reilly Auto Parts

Here you go!

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hasport auto to man mount is pissing me off! It don't want to line up so wasn't able to finish today, it will be done tomorrow thou.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So far I have 50 miles on it and it holds great. I need to adjust the clutch pedal but thats no biggie.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Drove to North Carolina, over 1000 miles put on her and she grips just fine.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Any updates? I'm contemplating this clutch for my hatch, and wondering if it'll hold up for the small turbo plans I have. :D

Hows the engagement? Smooth? Any chatter?

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Only has chatter in reverse(I have LSD so IDK if that has anything to do with it, but these have no Marcels and are solid so can chatter in low gear and reverse), engagement can be very grabby(it's a six puck so its expected), I do believe this would be equivalent to Competition Clutch's stage 4.

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
On to the pics:

Axle nuts are being a b!tch so haven't installed it yet but I'll have it done by this weekend.
Looks almost like a 6 puck but not. For $202 Its not gonna hold like a comp stage 4.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Looks almost like a 6 puck but not. For $202 Its not gonna hold like a comp stage 4.
My noobishness might be about to show, but how is that not a 6 puck? Even if it doesnt hold like a Comp stage 4, it would likely hold much more than the OEM replacement, and probably work/engage/last a lot longer than anything else you'll likely find for the same $$$

My biggest concerns are with it's drivability. I'm ok with a little bit of a grabby clutch, but not a chattering, light-switch type of engagement.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts