Honda D Series Forum banner

SAAB turbo question

3K views 34 replies 13 participants last post by  scottdh20 
#1 · (Edited)
Has anyone ever used a saab Garret turbo with .48 comp and .49 turbine. on their honda before. My turbo i got came off of a 91 Saab. Thanks in advance.
Also same question for a Saab Garret turbo with .42 comp and .48 turbine?
Both turbos are water cooled and about 150K miles on both of them. I have these two turbos and i just want to know so that i dont waste my time doing this setup. thanks.

PAGE 2 IS BASICALY WERE MY BUILD STARTS. KIND OF............................

#3 ·
Thanks Danz. I read that thread already like twice. But i just wanted to know if anyone has had first hand experience with it. So you stated that 200WHP would be perfect. I looked everywhere for this turbo on google to find info but i just cant seem to find any. It says M10 on the turbo and when i type it up all i get is the M10 turbo for BMW and the BMW M10. But thanks for the reply though.

#5 ·
I am assuming that .52/.48 a/r is close to mine a/r's. I also got a BOV from a SAAB like 86 or 87 and the cluster of that car read 160K. Do you think it would still be any good.

#8 · (Edited)
[QUOTEhttp://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m10/punk_rock_korean/HPIM2401.jpg][/QUOTE]
I think the saab has 150k and the bov has 160k both from seperate cars.
I'll take pix of both the BOV and turbo and the a/r if possible and the comp and turbine wheels.

#10 ·
#12 ·
well as far as the pix goes these are only the pix for the comp @.48 and turbine @.49 turbo. For the .42/.48 i dont have pix of that turbo. It's at friends house.

#16 ·
Good turbo to use, spooled pretty quick on my stock A6.

#17 ·
That sounds encouraging. I didn't want to ask how much whp i would get out of it cause i would get flamed cause it would depend of the setup and tune to get wHp numbers from it, but thanks guys. so the .48/.49 and .42/.48 are near enough to be the same them. Ok.

#18 ·
I pulled one off a swab once at the junk yard and they wanted 175 euros for it so I put I filled it with sand and threw it trough a windshield
You should have just borrowed it like i did lol. And about the BOV how do you go about knowing if its still in good condition. Do i have to slap it on and see if i get boost creeps, etc. And how much do you guys think it would cost to rebuild this .48/.49 turbo.

#25 · (Edited)
i researched on t25 measurements for the turbine inlet then i measured my turbo and it has the t25 measurements. I then used my greddy t25 tdo4 manni i baught for my garrett turbo and along w/ the greddy mani came a turbine gasket and the gasket fit exactly w/ my t25 turbo so i guess mine is a t25 instead. will post up pix just to show it in case anyone ever runs into this problem.

#26 · (Edited)
oh yeah by the way i sold that turbo cause it had major shaftplay. Then went to the junk one week later and found another t25 w/ same a/r measurements that was still good and i snatched that turbo. the compressor outlet did not have any oil in it and finns were not touching the turbine housing at all so it's still good. i will post up pix tonight for sure w. my t25 bolted onto my greddy mani. i got the mani for 100 w/ misc. 2.5" mandrel bend pipiings, greddy downpipe and exhaust housing. i am also going to try to post up my build before my baby hits 95K. i am trying to oil change my car and tap on the oil return bolt at the same time. going to use 5w-30 Rotal Purp.

#27 ·
oh yeah by the way i sold that turbo and went to the junk one week later and found another on that was still good and snatches that turbo. the compressor outlet did not have any oil in it and finns were not touching the housing at all so i am get. will post up pix tonight for sure w. my t25 bolted onto my greddy mani i got for 100 w/ misc. 2.5" mandrel bend pipiings. i am also going to try to post up my build before my baby hits 95K. i am trying to oil change my car and tap on the oil return bolt.
that almost sounds like something a online translator would spit out :)

#28 ·
thanks oh yeah i redit my post by the way cause i was researching on recirculating BOV air back into the intake. i was trying to figure out if it makes any diff. in performance if i recirculate that air back into the compressor inlet. i found this site and they were makeing fun of this one guy for posting things that did not even make sense so iwas just tryin to learn from his mistake and try to make more sense.

#29 · (Edited)
My Oil Cooler i got for free from the junk. they let me borror it so i have it now. dimensions are 7" long, 5" tall, and 1.5" thick.

#30 · (Edited)
My eagle talon BOV mounted onto a 1.75" pipings. It will soon be rewelded onto a 2.5" piping and being recirculated back into the compressor inlet.

My miscellaneous parts.

My 2.5" aluminum pipings.

My restricted greddy mani bolted onto my turboooooo!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.