Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an S80 GSR trans. Was told it grinds 2nd. From 1st to 2nd if i wait a bit it will just click into 2nd, if i try right away it grinds but goes in. Its impossible to down shift into 2nd without bad grinding. I opened it and the synchro was pretty bad and the dog teeth were chewed up. Would I need the slider, synchro, and 2nd gear(new of course)? I dont have the money now thats why i just closed it up and ran it. The parts are about $250 from synchrotech and $100 for second from honda.

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
You need a CS 2nd, 2nd synchro, 1/2 slider, maybe a 1/2 hub, and maybe a 1/2 shift fork. What does the hub look like and what is the fork thickness?

You can order all the parts through me if you'd like.

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The shift forks all looked good hardly any wear. I didnt get far enough into it to look at the hub, or the slider for that matter. I just figured if the dog teeth were worn the slider must be also. I dont want any down time on this at the moment. I want to enjoy my car for a while before i take it down again. I havent driven it for over a year. When it comes time ill price it out with you. Once i tear it down.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,313 Posts
I think I have carbon 1-2 and hub from ST, you would need a 1-R-2 slider, left over from GSR masterkit that I didn't need all the parts, Like Chris has done the exact same thing :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts