Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if an s2000 shift knob would work on older model civics? They should have honda threads but i just thought id ask before i consider buying one. I think it is a nice upgrade while keeping oem.......even though i dont have a 6 spd.

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
if fits, but why?
why not?

the only thing i dont really like is that it is for a 6 spd and not 5.......may seem like rice to some people. But they are cheap and i think they look nice, but thats just my opinion.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,249 Posts
wait until a NICE HOT summer day and you burn the shift pattern into your hand.......

but they do fit......

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wait until a NICE HOT summer day and you burn the shift pattern into your hand.......

but they do fit......

yeah, i can live with that. I just think they look good and i want to stick with a close to oem interior. Thanks for the input on wheter it fits or not.

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
I still use my stock 4-speed knob even though I've been back and forth with 5-speeds and my 4-speed. Why? Because it's small like the ITR/S2K/Skunk2/etc knobs but it's rubber. ;)

·
Registered
1990 CRX DX
126 Posts
all honda knobs fit all hondas as far as i know , dont understand why you would have a six speed knob with a 5 speed trans , THATS BEING A POSER!! would be cool in a civic that had a K20 swap with a 6-SPEED !!

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
all honda knobs fit all hondas as far as i know , dont understand why you would have a six speed knob with a 5 speed trans , THATS BEING A POSER!! would be cool in a civic that had a K20 swap with a 6-SPEED !!
i dont understand what you couldnt have just said your opinion on wether it would fit or not. And actually, i could give a shit less if i had a 6-spd or a 5-spd shift knob. Only ass hats like you would call that being a poser................

·
JDM Justin
95 del Sol
812 Posts
i'd say do it, they look really nice for stock...and that's you thing do it

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts

·
Registered
93 Civic EX
746 Posts
the s2000 shift knob weighs almost the same as the ITR shift knob which is what That Blox and Skunk2 shiftknobs mimick. The extra weight helps make the shifter feel easier as you dont need as much effort to shift. A downfall is that it will definitely put a toll on your bushings and if they are shot, these knobs show you that it needs to be upgraded. :)

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
your not lyin man, my shift knob is made by Bride, its metal, it gets f-in hot... by the end of my drive my right hand is kinda numb...

i dont see what all the shit talkin is about here, if someone wants to rock a shfit knob out of a pinto, thats there choice, there aint no such thing as a poser when it comes to shift knobs... i would highly recomend you not let other people drive your ride with a 6-speed shifter on it, just think, friend is crusin along, throws it in 6th witch is really reverse... not good...

·
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
your not lyin man, my shift knob is made by Bride, its metal, it gets f-in hot... by the end of my drive my right hand is kinda numb...

i dont see what all the shit talkin is about here, if someone wants to rock a shfit knob out of a pinto, thats there choice, there aint no such thing as a poser when it comes to shift knobs... i would highly recomend you not let other people drive your ride with a 6-speed shifter on it, just think, friend is crusin along, throws it in 6th witch is really reverse... not good...
the shifter sare reverse gated, so u cant go from 5th to reverse, you have to go 5th-neutral-over the the left a lil then reverse......

made just for people that dont have a clue....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts