Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I did a little follow up regarding the HAMP filters available for the S2000 in comparison to the OEM filters.

In my post, http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=87515, I found some details as to why the best filter to use is the S2000 OEM number 15400-PCX-004. HAMP filters are apparently another excellent quality filter that is actually made by Toyo Roki, the manaufacturers of the OEM filters in Japan (Filtech, a Toyo Roki affiliate, makes the PCX in the US). They produce a filter number H1540-RTA-505.

I found some details on-line that showed that the H1540-RTA-505 is the equivalent of the OEM filter 15400-RTA-004, not the PCX.... From what I could tell, the RTA was only available in the Asian and European markets, so I emailed Toyo Roki and a rep there confirmed that the H1540-RTA-505 is the same as the 1500-RTA-004. Here's what the rep said,

"Dear XXXXXX,
The HAMP oil filter H1540-RTA-505 is not the same as the Honda OEM
(HOP) filter 15400-PCX-004. The HOP filter that coincides with H1540-RTA-505 is 15400-RTA-004. Only the color is different: HAMP is green and HOP is
blue. I hope this information is helpful. Thank you for your interest in
Toyo Roki.
Best regards,
XXXXX"

I then asked if the RTA is the same as the PCX and this is what I got,

"Dear XXXXXX,
The 15400-PCX-004 and the 15400-RTA-004 are not the same FILTER
dimensionally. The PCX is 80x80 (diameter x height) and the RTA is 65x85.
Though the PCX is manufactured specifically for the S2000, because they are
both HOP, I would say the quality is equal. The specifications, on the other hand, would likely be different. Before you ask, if you want specifications, you will have to go to the OEM because we can not divulge confidential information regarding specs. There is no HAMP version of the PCX.
I hope this information is helpful. Feel free to keep the questions coming
and I will answer wherever possible.
Best regards,
XXXXX"

I'm assuming that he means the size is in millimeters. That would mean that the RTA filter (HAMP equivalent H1540-RTA-505) holds less volume than the PCX. I doubt that the quality is any different, but like my other post shows, the bigger filter is the one you want to use.

Hope someone else finds this useful :)

Edit: Forgot to add that I ordered a HAMP H1540-RTA-505 and I'll compare it to the PCX I have on now after my next oil change.

·
insert user title here
domestic.
3,014 Posts
whats the price comparison to a k&n oil filter because i heard that the k&n is every bit as good as the s2000?

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
In Toronto the PCX is anywhere from $9 to $13 depending on the dealer you get it from. Don't know how much the K&N is around here...

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
$7.98 + shipping/tax from majestic.

so its best to include one in a bigger purchase, so you can save on the shipping :TU:.
thats exactly what i do every time i make an order haha usually add one or two into my order just to keep on hand. having 4 hondas in the driveway means continuous oil changes.....

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
i use to just order a case from the local dealership, they would actually give me my employee discount on them cheaper then the one at majestic. ask jeff, i got him a case for like $15-20 from the dealsership i worked at in :TU:.

and then i ordered them from the local dealership in VA (when i was building the y7), cause it would give me reason to flirt with the hot parts chick. i'll send you a pic later ;). trust me, you will agree to pay the extra after seeing her.

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
i will see about it next time i am down there. i know the d15b needs a new filter and i think jeff needs some also, so i might as well.
well get ahold of me when you do please.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts