the red marking are from the supplier who brought in the gearbox
i also took the pictures that u can see various markings at the same

straight through view through differential

LSD stamped on the top of the block along with 24E
red marking from importer.

here we can see P20-B000 stamped in the gearbox and the
straight through view of the lsd at the same time

lsd stamp and the s20 stamp on the gearbox

feel free to ask any other question or vounteer any information u have.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
see i am learning already, did not see that can u point mr to the thread or tell me more abou the vti-r, what engine specs etc

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
not sure if it was called a vti-r... but the vti had the option for an LSD. The vti had the d15b vtec engine... it was on the civic ferio (4-door)

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what year did these come out, can you point me to a link with more information??

·
Registered
4,363 Posts

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
btw, it says "viscous coupling" LSD... 1-way i think.

·
Registered
26 Posts
so how do you get one of these transmissions? just buy a d15b and get lucky?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
is this viscous coupling lsd a good or a bad thing what is the advantage what is the dis advantage, and what does this one way 1.5way mean??

makku said:
btw, it says "viscous coupling" LSD... 1-way i think.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
you might want to do a google search on it...

but I think viscous coupling LSDs are not as quick as mechanical LSDs when transfering power from one wheel to another. Also, they can burn out your transmission fluid if abused since it works like a torque converter (this i'm not sure of)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
makku said:
you might want to do a google search on it...

but I think viscous coupling LSDs are not as quick as mechanical LSDs when transfering power from one wheel to another. Also, they can burn out your transmission fluid if abused since it works like a torque converter (this i'm not sure of)
Just to add to that is that they wear out from abuse, usage, or just time. They also have a really low ammount of lock. Usually between 10-20% and that's with time to heat up and work properly. Personally I'd just save up for a mechianical LSD before getting a viscous OEM unit.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Mechanical LSD's are more precise and more efficient but they are more complex. A viscous LSD is simpler in design but aren't as efficient.

As for 1 way, 1.5 way, and 2 way LSD's that all comes into play as to when the LSD engages. 1 way is for acceleration only and doesn't come into effect in deceleration . 1.5 is active during acceleration and partly active during deceleration. 2 way means it works full power on both. for a more techincal explanation (and probably better) check out

http://www.club4ag.com/faq and tech_pages/limited_slips_differential_101.htm

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so will a viscous lsd lower drag times?? does it make sense??

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yup u could why didnt you :p

what his setup how much power he pushing, is he turbocharged??

Trench_Rat said:
i could of told you they exist , i know a guy here in new zealand that is using one in his current build

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yo Jozzy, where did you get the box? Can our axles work on it or do you have to get different axles.

In theory you should lower your E.T.'s but I havent seen any written proof on a time slip or anything. Not many people have this box.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts