Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SI EG Tranny

The mainshaft bearing in the tranny housing isn't pressed in all the way. Does anyone have the instructions for installing the new bearing?

Thanks.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,313 Posts
clutch side or outer case side??????

Clutch side, (ISB-Inout shaft bearing) tap it home using a large socket or old bearing shell

Out case side.....turn case over, tap on the outside with a rubber hammer for the bearing falls out. If it is cold, might have to take the case into a heat room.

Now press the bearing onto the mainshaft making sure all the synchros and hubs are aligned, along with the synchro spring in proper postion. Failure to check will create many headaches. (past exp!)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have all the bearings out. The one in question is on the mainshaft in the tranny case, not the bell housing side. When you take the gear cluster out you see the bearing and it's not all the way pressed into the casing. It looks like it only goes in maybe a 1/4-3/8 of an inch.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,313 Posts
lay case on the work bench, tap case for the bearing to fall out. It is supposed to stay on the mainshaft, but sometimes gets stuck in the case when you pull it apart.

upper right, end of the mainshaft and said rubber hammer.........

Outer case in middle of pic.........

Tool kit...........

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,313 Posts
5 door mats for $1 at the flea market, they get dirty, they go into trash.

Don't laugh, but a shower mat is on the other bench. This raised design contains any oil that come out of the tranny on tear-down. Wipe it down or hose it off.

B diff go boom!

Off topic (damn coffee!)

Also to give you a idea the number of bad trannys I've been given..........this was last year 1/2 load.........

That full load netted 194 pounds of alum @ .25 a pound, $48.50 in beer money!

Last week I took in this years, 163 pounds @ .30 a pound, $48.90 in beer money!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bone - Do you have any 1-2 and 3-4 synchro sleeves for a 1.6 EG tranny? In good shape.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,313 Posts
inner sleeve for the shafts, of hubs/rings?

FYI all the sleeves/rings/hubs are the same for small bearing and large bearing cases within their years.

I should have extras here, send me pics in DETAIL of what you need to [email protected] .........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts