Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the following mods on my car. look at my sig. My question is do you guys know what line sizes the car comes with so i can attach my tranny cooler to it. what Would i need to pick up to install. I'm adding 310 injectors and endyne 9 lb pulley Will e-manage be decent enough to tune it. Remember i am auto so chipped ecu is out of the question>? i want to ditch the weak fmu.

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
Oh trust me you can chip an automatic very nicely. If you are OBD1 no doubt it's possible.

I forgot what size lines I used for my tranny cooler. I'll check when I get home and let you know. I think it was 3/8" hose.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
I would check out Neptune for tuning, I heard you can run it on an automatic ECUs. I took out my emanage to run neptune with my turbo. It's at a shop right now getting tuned, I'll post some numbers once I get it back Thursday. I've had numerous people on here reccomend it to me. Not to expensive either I think it's around $500. Here's a link to check it out
http://hrtuning.com/

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
true, true. I just don't trust myself enough to tune my car. Knowing my luck I would have it way to rich and lose power

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
If you have a wideband O2 sensor and a boost gauge thats all you really need to tune it yourself.

It's really not that hard to tune. First tune the idle, then light throttle, and go heaver and heavier. Just take it slow and keep your eye on the wideband.

Dont get tempted and floor it before you finished tuning because thats how you end up breaking something.

Oh yeah, back on topic... I used 3/8" fuel line to run the tranny cooler

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks..My car is an 98 civic so its obd-2 . i hear its hopeless. My question is what can i run for tuning on obd-2 car thats auto. i know its more limited. 3/8 fuel line for the tranny cooler. Thanks..Rep to you bud.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well not hopeless but compared to a stick obd1 car i'm much more limited is what i should say. I'm thinkin e-manage...for the price and discounts i can get i know its not the best but will do a way better job of tuning then the fmu.

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
Keeping the automatic does make things more difficult. However if you swap in an obd1 auto tranny and use an obd2-obd1 conversion harness to use a chipped p28, you should be good.

Seems like alot of work though. IDK its up to you

·
Banned
181 Posts
that header is holding you back too....

you'll want a 4-1 design, with short primaries to a larger collector, and large downpipe.

on supercharged cars, this is essential.

you're off to a good start.... but instead of the endyn pulley for your jackson charger....

why not buy the complete endyn charger kit?

think of it this way.....

a t25 MAXED out
or a t3/t4 at half its potential.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bc if i do that i know the tranny will not hold up to it. for the price of that kit or even goin through the hassle of switching trannies, if that becomes the route i'm goin ex tranny with lsd for it and switchin to stick. thats what i would do. i'm thinkin as fas as keepin it auto till it goes or till i get rid of car. I've pulled on a type-s from 55-100 with him about 2 cars ahead at the start and at 100 be half a car ahead. after that my car clocked out at 110..darn ecu. need to take speed limiter off. but ideas as far as keeping auto though.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
Misfit said:
CivicY8 said:
I've pulled on a type-s from 55-100 with him about 2 cars ahead at the start and at 100 be half a car ahead. QUOTE]

did he know you were racing? sorry but i seriously doubt that. stock type s is putting 160 at the wheels easy and yours is not even close to that area. not trying to be a prick or anything. :D
mine put down 157hp at 8 psi with just a fmu, vafc, and fuel pump for engine management. The 8 lbs upgrade only adds 10-15%. So in all reality it could take one.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
it may have more power n/a but look at the graph the guy had on here with just a stock set-up and vafc on his auto. 159whp and 140 lbs. more torque then the type s stock. i see it being possible.but i wasn't pulling as fast as we got higher up he had 18's on his ride like mine. Look at vtec ducks last post. i have more put into my motor as far as mods. the endyne pulley depending on rpm ranges puts anything from 8.5-9.5 psi.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts