Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a place that ports eaton S/C and they also offer rotor stripping. Now what will the stripping do? I know there is a teflon (I think) coating on the rotors and if you spin the S/C to fast the rotor will heat up and through the coating off. So what would stripping the rotors do to the rotors? Would they heat up faster causing even a lower rpm operating range? What is the purpose of the coating?

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
They will probably rework the blower to flow more and up the boost by putting a smaller pulley on. They remove the coating because it will come off eventualy and with it left on where does it go? Thats right your engine will EAT IT so instead its a precausionary step.

O

·
0 Posts
Endyn re coats Sc rotors correctly with the RIGHT type of coating. it's not a teflon coating, it's something else. I forget the exact name, but they do that stuff. Talk to them if you want it done right.
www.theoldone.com

The coating HAs to be there for boosting to happen. w/o it the rotors will not be able to squeeze the air into your motor. If a palce states they remove the coating, RUN....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts