Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
94 civic, 90 talon
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I looked around and all I could find out is that everyone uses dsm 450's. When i had a dsm I pulled out the injectors it had and they were actually rx7 460's. They are found in the 86-91 13b non turbo. Now my question is can we use these instead of the dsm's?

There is a picture of them and the product number is 195500-1350 if anyone is interested.

Im pertty sure they are saturated and not peak hold.

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
its simple

rotarys are evil

if you put the evil parts on your civic it will turn evil

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
it would be a lot easier to just find dsm injectors

i have never heard of anyone runnin these injectors

first things first are they peak and hold or saturated?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
If you can make them fit us them. Check the ohms on them 12 + you will not have to use a resistor box. If they are at 3 ohms you will need a box. The only true way to tell what thy flow is send them in for cleaning. But if you have done your research then thy are what thy are.

Just after you tune check the duty cycle I like to run under 80% I don’t trust the numbers in the tuning soft wear I like to hook up a volt meter with duty cycle.

What are you building. You can use this if you have a good hp number you are shooting for. http://www.rceng.com/technical.aspx?UserID=1874501&SessionID=OGc5lUFZOSv{xYbNudi9

·
Registered
94 civic, 90 talon
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im not building anything yet, I just had them laying around. The only problem with the ones in the pic are, that they were from the internet. How did you know just from the picture? And the part number is the same for sat. and peak and hold. When I did the research there were both peak & hold as well as saturated all were 460cc. They were running in a dsm would saturated not work beings peak & hold come stock in turbo modles? Thanks guys for all the help, I figured this would benefit any one who would want to try them haha.

·
Registered
516 Posts
A customer bought a set of these and I installed them in his car.

This was for a turbo D15B7 build. I tuned it and the car ran great with the RX-7 injectors.

To answer one of the questions, they are peak and hold. Install a resistor box and be on your way.

I also remember having to bore out the lower injector seals a bit (the thick one that installs into the intake manifold) as well as having to grind some material off the top of the plug on the injector itself to fit OBD1 injector clips.

I think he said he got them off ebay and they even came with an injector resistor box.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts