Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 4door EK-T
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyway to fix inside my trunk thats rusting to the point where I tried to jack up the car from under the trunk and it almost went inside the car. I wanna know if I can fix it somehow or if i have to get another car.

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts
If the whole underside of the car is that soft, you are probably in trouble. The correct way to fix something like that (assuming the rockers panels are still solid) would be to cut out the rust and weld in new panels. In non structural areas I've managed to use a combination of sheet metal, pop rivets, bondo, and undercoating to pass an annual safety inspection, but cars that are that far gone are usually on borrowed time.

·
Registered
97 4door EK-T
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll look under it and see how much trouble im in. The side panels I know are still hard. Im worried about just the bottom part, not even the whole bottom, only where it meets with the back of the car. If you stand in front of the trunk right under your feet is the only soft place.

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts
If it's not near where the suspension mounts you can most likely cover it over and buy yourself some time.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
I just leftover 3/4" MDF board as a plate for where I jack up my hatch. But the jacking points are there for a reason.

·
Registered
97 4door EK-T
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I lifted the car and checked. I found out how bad it rusted, and its just the corner under the bumper. So the thing is I think that Im gonna cut it up and weld a metal plate there. what do you guys think??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts