Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Civic
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting ready to install my autometer tach in my 93 Civic and I know pretty much what all the wires connect to. But running wires has never been my specialty. Whats the most logical way to run the wire for the the tach signal out the the shock tower?

Double check my skills:
Black - ground (bolt for the hood release)
Red - power (12v hot in fuse box)
White - lights (dimmer switch)
Green - Tach signal (Blue wire on drivers side shock tower)

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
sounds good

are you asking if those are good locations to get the wires? or literally how to run them through the dash/out the firewall?

·
Registered
Civic
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
both, but more about running them out through the dash.

·
Registered
605 Posts
if u look under ur hood on the firewall there is a whole cut in the firewall and there is like a rubber cover over it with wires running through it i just popped it off adn ran the wires through there

·
Ferio inspired
90' Civic sedan
2,444 Posts
uh, doesnt your car already have a tach? you could just tee off the cluster. since you would just tee it off at the dizzy anyways. its the same wire:beer:

·
Premium Member
civic coupe
7,943 Posts
ont put a tach in it if you already have one ......if this is a " race car" then gop ahead but if not sell it

·
Registered
Civic
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
got it done...thanks to rattmann for all the help via AIM. My stock tach is very jumpy but its not the ignitor so i just use this one for accuracy but it is a track car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts