Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new to the forum as I just picked up a boosted EJ6 D16Y8 which has been mapped to 15psi on stock internals, chipped P28 ECU with EVO 5 injectors. The car has had a check engine light for the ELD since I bought it but I assumed that this was due to the OBD1 conversion.

The car drives fine on and off boost, but the fuel economy is terrible and the AEM AFR gauge gives readings of 10-11 when accelerating gently with tiny throttle inputs at low engine speeds. I thought it was the map but seeing as it's been tuned by a fairly well known tuner I doubt they would map it to be so rich at low throttle.

I did a bit of research into it and it seems there may be a connection between the rich mixture and the ELD code, possibly something related to injector battery offset. I've looked this up but many threads aren't specific about what it means or how to adjust it.

Any suggestions or input would be greatly appreciated :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also noticed that it is as normal during cold start, with AFRs of around 13 at half throttle. Once warmed up it drops to 10.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
if you have an ELD issue, fix it. dont assume because its tuned that its not.

Better yet, if you know who tuned it, ask them to check it out. 11.5 afr on very light throttle is too rich. its also too lean for heavy throttle, so watch for that.

·
Registered
88 hatch
789 Posts
Does it still have a stock map sensor in it? 15 psi is too much for it and it could be shot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It does have a stock map sensor, but wouldn't that throw a code if it was shot?

Will have to check the alternator voltage but the car hasn't shown any signs of a bad alternator.

As for finding the source of the ELD code, should I check for bad earths and short circuits or is it a case of just replacing the ELD?

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
there are freely attainable service manuals.

I would grab one for your chassis, find the wiring diagram for the ELD and sort it out.

its generally a source voltage being compared. dependingon chassis, it should be looking for 3 or 5 volts in one situation, and only 1 volt in another.

Im rusty with chassis electronics, so the downloadable service manuals are a great resource.

ELD= Electrical Load Detector I believe

·
Registered
A Captiva Blue Si Ha
73 Posts
I think it is also worth looking into the ECT sensor as there seems to be a variance in AFR due to engine temperature.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts