Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
I like 1/4 mile drag
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, this is probably not going to sound to good, but I am going to ask anyway.
My car is running rich, I don't have a wide-band O2 sensor yet so I don't know exactly how bad it is but what I do know is that it is way more than it should be to the point it feels bogged down at lower-mid range RPM.
Now I am putting a turbo on in within a month but to fix this problem is there anyway (without tuning or FPR) that I can adjust it (say manually?) to lean it out just a little bit.
I tried to compensate by advancing the ignition from the center red mark on the crack pully to the the one on the immidiate left of it, i dont think it made much of a difference (from 16 degrees BTDC to 18 I think).
If I retarded it would that not just make it worse? I don't want to advance anymore than I already have(i cant anyway).
It could be my air filter but I am pretty sure it is fine I have checked it over and it looks clean.
current mods I have are:
2.5" catback
2.5" test pipe
2" cold air intake
skunk2 intake manifold

so far each mod has made it run richer I think there is quite abit of black smoke when I am at WOT.

thanks for any suggestions/thoughts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
The only way to let fuel out is tuning, fuel pressure, smaller injectors, switch ecu, or add more air get bigger motor.................. Tuning is the best lol.

What motor what ecu?

·
Registered
I like 1/4 mile drag
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol its a d16y8, p2p ecu. and yeah i know its running rich. i have a spare stock fuel pressure regulator maybe ill try it out

1 - 7 of 7 Posts