Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
D16Y7 just replaced the head gasket and had the head redone. Runs great, but after driving it still wants to run warm. No signs of it "overheating". I sit that hard to purge the cooling system? I'm missing something, i know it. Any ideas or knowledge would be much appreciated.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
3,947 Posts
front end up on ramps/jacks.
remove radiator cap.
start car.
wait for fan to cycle at least twice.
turn heater on full blast.
keep eye on coolant level and keep overflow in the normal range

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The complete cooling system is new. Honda oem t-stat and sensors. Ill try that bleed process. I did not have the front of the car lifted when i did bleed it. Thank you for the info.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It does. I have witnessed the fans cycling on. So i know it works. If i turn the heat on it will bring the temp down.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a heater leak that only showed up when I looked under the car about mid way. I used the dye but found it once I looked a little harder for it and didn't really need the dye. It ran through the underbody channel next to the brake line protective covering channel and came out a little factory punched hole. The overheating drove me crazy for a bit. I just did a return on the hose as I live in SE FL and don't need the heater. It's worth a look.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a heater leak that only showed up when I looked under the car about mid way. I used the dye but found it once I looked a little harder for it and didn't really need the dye. It ran through the underbody channel next to the brake line protective covering channel and came out a little factory punched hole. The overheating drove me crazy for a bit. I just did a return on the hose as I live in SE FL and don't need the heater. It's worth a look.
It was so small that it all but evaporated before it would turn up as a steady drip and was far enough back underneath that it wan't readily visible.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts