Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if the above if feasible as its probably one of the cheapest way to raise up displacement with SOHC vtec. can it be done? Any advise?

·
Registered
936 Posts
no b part is interchangeable with any d parts....except for: throttle body, injectors, maybe the universal afpr of b&m, ecu, half the mounts,ls rods (b?)i guess that's it.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Arachnid said:
no b part is interchangeable with any d parts....except for: throttle body, injectors, maybe the universal afpr of b&m, ecu, half the mounts,ls rods (b?)i guess that's it.

Hi there,

What do you mean by "universal afpr of b&m, ecu, half the mounts,ls rods (b?)"?

I suddenly have this crazy idea that strikes me...up displacement for our d's as its quite limited to increase the base power. Most of us on D's are stucked with a 1.6 rather than the easily upgrable B's which comes in 1.6, 1.8, 2.0 and 2.2 stock.

Can we follow up list where parts a B's that can be used on a D's? Guess it might be useful for newbies like me...

1) TB
2) Injectors
3) ECU
4) Intake mani?
5) Fuel rails?
6)
7)

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can put the d series head on the b series block but first you need to mill the head 10 thou then post the block and add an oil jet then call up ARP and get custom head studs and then intake cam off the bseries head and put it in the d head and yor set.

thats the word around the camp fire anyway.

·
Registered
12,272 Posts
^^ and I dont believe any of that " word around the camp fire "

Evil Eg said:
You can put the d series head on the b series block but first you need to mill the head 10 thou then post the block and add an oil jet then call up ARP and get custom head studs and then intake cam off the bseries head and put it in the d head and yor set
that has to be the stupidest , most far fetched bullshit ive ever seen posted here ..... congrats!! you sir are a moron :TD:

·
there is a party in my pants and Lindsay Lohan is
732 Posts
thesqad127 said:
^^ and I dont believe any of that " word around the camp fire "
:stupid:
sounds like a whole bunch of huckleberry horseshit to me

AND...

if you were going to go as far as to swap in a b-series complete bottom end, axles, mounts, etc not to mention TRANSMISSION, shift linkage etc etc ... ... why the fuck would you even want to go back and put a d-series head on it, let alone all the work it would require even if it was possible?? then it's not even a d motor anymore, it would be some retarded half ass backwards b/d mutant hybrid that might as well have been a b swap.

just ..... my ..... $0.02

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Evil Eg said:
You can put the d series head on the b series block but first you need to mill the head 10 thou then post the block and add an oil jet then call up ARP and get custom head studs and then intake cam off the bseries head and put it in the d head and yor set.

learn your shit before you go posting myths... thats total BS...

its impossible... why would you want to EVEN run SOHC on a 2.0L?
just buy a full swap if you don't want the 1.6

·
ridin on rotas
1,980 Posts
Evil Eg said:
...then intake cam off the bseries head and put it in the d head and yor set.

ok, so how will the exhaust valves open? or are you going to just reuse the same air in the combustion chamber??

·
Cool User Title Here
6,900 Posts
gftgrill said:
ok, so how will the exhaust valves open? or are you going to just reuse the same air in the combustion chamber??
Only 1 intake and 1 exhaust open with the b intake cam in the d head, don't ya know!

ALso use of the tornado air swirl device will help push the exhaust out the same valve it comes in by allowing it to spin inside the cc. Good stuff

·
ridin on rotas
1,980 Posts
civic4ges said:
Only 1 intake and 1 exhaust open with the b intake cam in the d head, don't ya know!

ALso use of the tornado air swirl device will help push the exhaust out the same valve it comes in by allowing it to spin inside the cc. Good stuff
that has to be mad performance since they open at the same time. anyone looking to sell a b20 block??

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
ive just started building these mutant motors in my garage for the small price of $5000, so if anyone is interested just hit me up and ill ship one off to you. Ill even throw in the tornado swirler for free. hahahahah

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
92SIvic said:
learn your shit before you go posting myths... thats total BS...

its impossible... why would you want to EVEN run SOHC on a 2.0L?
just buy a full swap if you don't want the 1.6
Aight i feel bad for the dude so i'll make a half-assed attempt to back him up. First off, WHY WOULDNT YOU WANT A 2.0 SOHC? Look at the v6 accord, thats a 3.0 SOHC. A little extra displacement never hurts.

Also, people said the same thing about putting an H22 head on an F block. People who tried were flamed like no other, until some dude successfully did it, hell he even made a writeup for the swap. I'm not saying it'll be done or if someone will do it anytime soon, but who knows, someone MAY actually have the balls (or just be stupid enough) to do it. Someone may just wanna give it a shot to be original or just to say "hey i have a 2.0L D motor" Nothing wrong with originality. Thats why most of us stuck with the D in the first place. Thats what I love about this scene, people keep doing things that were supposedly "impossible" to do.

Wow though Evil Eg...you asked for it though with a post like that.

·
Registered
936 Posts
the only way a d head would work on a b is if you allign all the oil holes and water holes. and adjust the bolts to fit. then it'll work. i say a "little" machining, welding and using customized gasket it might work. unless the holes are just too far diff. and apart from a b block to a d head. oh don't forget the dowel pins

if you have the money go for it...

·
Registered
500 Posts
except it will never happen!!!

put a d-block head gasket on a b-series bottom end, if atleast one hole is off by 1 mm your done for!!

this topic is stupid, why am i even posting... arg

·
Registered
531 Posts
My god I can't believe any of you are even rationalizing this concept. The bores are completely different...no machining is going to change the fact that bore spacing is going to be completely incompatible. Nothing like valves hitting the sides of the cylinders. Screw talking about dowel pins, and oil holes...the damn bores make it NOT POSSIBLE. The only method would be to cast a dseries style head that will work with the 81mm bore and spacing of the Bseries cylinders. Jeez people come on!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
In my country, there are cops that runs around the country only to catch car’s modification.

We do have people playing B’s doing the upgrade from 1.6 to a 1.8/2.0/2.0. However, for a car like ours D's, there is practically nothing we can do to upgrade the capacity to a 1.8 or higher, improving the base power. That’s why on road, we get our arse kicked by the B’s and people here think that B’s (DOHC) is definitely faster than D’s (SOHC) especially when the B's (DOHC) is running on gear 3 onwards that makes you cant catch up...which I don’t believe so. (Typical reason is a person running with 2 legs naturally run faster than 1 leg) No one bothers to have a run with you if you are rolloing on a D's.
That's the origine of this idea.

Turbo, SC comes with a fine and changing engine (from SOHC to DOHC), Nitrous can cause you to lose you ride. The only way to go is to run a pure NA engine. But my query is….a pure NA 1.6 D’s can outrun a NA 1.6/1.8/2.0 B’s? If so how do we go about it? Changing the lower block from a SOHC to DOHC with a higher displacement to improve on the base power/ performance of the ride.

I was also wondering what parts from the B’s car fit on the D’s engine? Anyone?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
vtecnitrocrx said:
My god I can't believe any of you are even rationalizing this concept. The bores are completely different...no machining is going to change the fact that bore spacing is going to be completely incompatible. Nothing like valves hitting the sides of the cylinders. Screw talking about dowel pins, and oil holes...the damn bores make it NOT POSSIBLE. The only method would be to cast a dseries style head that will work with the 81mm bore and spacing of the Bseries cylinders. Jeez people come on!
We do have people fiting on a DOHC head on a SOHC block thou...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Ok! i don't know what your smoking in that pipe! BUT NO! D is D and B is B, make up your mind if your a D-guy or your what ever else. And please stop posting shit that don't make sense, it's a waist of time for everyone here trying to help or learn.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.