Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my civic fired up, Idles good around 13 A/f but the minute I attempt to drive it, it runs like some real dog shit and don't really wanna go no where. While that is happening, My A/F gauge maxes out.

Kinda seems like the car is dumping too much fuel, and the plugs now seem foul'd.

Is this a tune problem?

Car seems to run good when its on the colder side.

Stock MAP
Stock fuel pump
440cc Injectors
D16y8 running 8lb

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
No mention of physical timing being verified
No mention of tuning hardware/software being used -does it know the size of your injectors?
Fuel maps not posted.

Try again.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,052 Posts
stock map might be an issue
injectors might be dumping too much fuel

is it even tuned? or are you not even running a basemap? please use your head

psi means dick.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Got my civic fired up, Idles good around 13 A/f but the minute I attempt to drive it, it runs like some real dog shit and don't really wanna go no where. While that is happening, My A/F gauge maxes out.

Kinda seems like the car is dumping too much fuel, and the plugs now seem foul'd.

Is this a tune problem?

Car seems to run good when its on the colder side.

Stock MAP
Stock fuel pump
440cc Injectors
D16y8 running 8lb
bolded and underlined the problem

GEEZUS :thinking:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If the wideband goes all the way right (maxed) that would mean lean correct?
I’ll just get it tuned and hope for the best

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
12 at idle and when I’m accelerating It goes to 16 and up until the gauge reads (“ - - - - “)
Basemap was set up for my set up.
Chrome is being ran.

This is my first time boosting a car so excuse me lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ain’t driving it. Def too lean, imma order a fuel regulator for it so I can bring it up in fuel pressure.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
12 at idle and when I’m accelerating It goes to 16 and up until the gauge reads (“ - - - - “)
Basemap was set up for my set up.
Chrome is being ran.

This is my first time boosting a car so excuse me lol
I ain’t driving it. Def too lean, imma order a fuel regulator for it so I can bring it up in fuel pressure.
When you listed base map, I assumed it was either a stock map, or a tweaked stock map.

Also, fuel regulator does not work to fis this issue, even if you add a ton of pressure.

injectors operate slower with higher pressure, this is why injectors that are designed with high presure have a much beefier solenoid inside to deal with it.

you can pinch the fuel return line if you need to move the car around, else realize that you need to stay around 10-11:1 at max AFR. 16:1, very surprised it hasnt damaged anything.

NEVER trust a base map tune. NEVER.. it is purely to get you to a tuner. that is it.

The world of boost is a shaky one in the beginning. Just be patient, and play your cards right!

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
i wouldnt run the car, get a laptop, pull the chip and read whats on it. then adjust, reburn and install chip and drive to see where you need to tune it.

thats what needs to be done.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts