Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 dx + 92 lx
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so the rubber around my wifes window is all fu**erd up, bunched up like some fettuccine noodles in the area shown in this junkyard door I picked up.

This one is just a little buggered up and it looks like when I swap mirrors i should be able to figure out how to secure it. But what piece is this on the diagram here?

Also what is the rubber piece all the way around the outside, like the outermost part of the door on the exterior? In the top left of the pic of the new door you can kinda see its ripped too. Can this be swapped from her existing door? Its in better shape.

Its the inner part thats annoying her, her old door has this issue where the window either comes out of the track (rare) or it (everytime) comes out at the rearmost top part creating a gap. I got this door hoping that between the parts from the 2 of em we can make a good working power window with good seals that keep out rain and wind noise.

If i gotta order some new parts so be it, and if i need help from you guys i at least wanna be referring to the parts correctly.

Thanks guys

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,933 Posts
looks like the outer weather strip in the image.

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
If you are lucky, some dummy at the junkyard tried prying on it, and it simply popped out of place.

Grab a can of silicone spray, hose it down, pop the mirror off, and see about using some plastic trim tools to coax it back into place.

Any tears, you might be able to simply glue into place.

·
Registered
93 dx + 92 lx
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok would the plastic epoxy i use to fix the kids hard plastic toys be the stuff to use or is there something else yall have used with success on rubber?

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
rubber cement is what I would use on rubber.

If you are talking bonding the rubber to the metal, well, thats a setup process, prepping the surface, possibly scuffing or sanding.

But if just getting the rubebr back together, just go down the tire isle at a partsstore and look at the cement used for tire patches.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts