Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking on this site for a while but I'm starting to piece together a Z6 build for my RT and I know I'll be needing to ask questions on the forum so I need to start posting! :willy_nilly:

Basic idea is about 350hp, overbuild the motor, and use it as my around town/weekend/autox car.

I'm planning on a manual swap and Z6 build this winter. Suspension and braking just got done last month.

I've got a blog going currently if you want to check it out.

civicwagon.blogspot.com

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Yes, most have one hole tapped but the other two just started, like guides.

I would use the bottom of the a6 and z6 head that bitch if I had half a chance at saving mine.

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
I'm running a Z6 in my RT4WD right now. Well, I was until I let it overheat to get me home.

The holes were already tapped when I got the engine from the PO. I'm building a DOHC ZC right now to accomplish the same goal as the OP.

·
Registered
F2k Sixth gen
22 Posts
Yes, most have one hole tapped but the other two just started, like guides.

I would use the bottom of the a6 and z6 head that bitch if I had half a chance at saving mine.
This, I agree. When I had my 91 rt I ended up buying a ZC because I purchased the car without an engine and couldnt find another a6. I chose the ZC over modifying a z6 just because of the situation I was in. I'm sure its not difficult.

·
Premium Member
88 RT4WD wagon
227 Posts
luck of the draw. my current z6 just had the started holes on all 3. my last D16A had all 3 done, i think all A6s ive seen do though. My SOHC non vtec ZC also had them done.

It's sketchy but if you're careful, use a big center punch, drill straight, and tap smoothly you'll be fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts