Honda D Series Forum banner

61 - 80 of 109 Posts

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
Do you mind if I share your post on HT with your username there?

Looking amazing as always.

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,939 Posts
By far my favorite car of all the cars I’ve ever seen on the forum. A rare super clean 4wd sedan with a LHT supercharged DOHC ZC...doesn’t get any cooler than that

·
Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Went on another road trip last week over the Easter break. A mate down in Tamworth is doing a B18 swap into his twin carby ED sedan, so i thought i'd shoot down and give him a hand.

My mate Alex was also keen to come so we decided to take our project cars. Here's some pics, some of the cars you might recognise, haha.

The project:

Lilly, one of the coolest damn dogs i know:

Hows this lineup!

Washing all the bug death off after the 7 hour roadtrip:

Some pics from the meetup:

·
Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #71

Made this pic bigger because i thought it was such a damn cool shot... It'll probably get resized by the web browser though:

And had to grab this shot of the cool shed my mate has:

I also used the trip to do some R&D testing on some new parts i've been making, will post up more info when i do a tear down and inspect how they went.

Also had fabbed up a new fan shroud and front engine mount before the trip which seemed to have made a huge difference to helping my coolant temps in the aussie heat (and in traffic) and with the feel of the car.

The front engine mount was bought when innovative first brought out their 4wd mounts for D series engines, at the time i don't believe they acknowledged that their optional front mount for their traction bar wasn't compatible for some reason. Anyway, instead of paying nearly 400 AUD shipped for the correct one, i used the poly bush and just made a new mount out of steel flat bar, and just turned a spacer so the mount holes wouldn't foul the gusset. Mocked up:

Welded:

Painted / installed:

Wish i grabbed some pics of the rad shroud, it turned out nice. Used some sheet aluminium, press bent it to stand off the rad slightly and used a trepanning tool in a drill press to cut a perfect 12" circle for the rad fan.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,652 Posts
what year is that nsx. its amazing how they were made 1990 and look a million times different than their cousins 88-91 civics.

also, Im kinda sad that there isn't more pics of the yellow hatch

·
Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
what year is that nsx. its amazing how they were made 1990 and look a million times different than their cousins 88-91 civics.
Yeah pretty dramatically different, it's an NA1, so it'd be pretty early... Somewhere around 90-92 i think.

also, Im kinda sad that there isn't more pics of the yellow hatch
Haha, i guess because it's my mates i get used to seeing it so often, but it is a real cool car:

Also it's a B20 vtec, so doesn't have any place on DSO :p

·
4,652 Posts
last pic of your car in front of his its like "watch this little brother" its weird how a few years things change so dramatically

its clean as shit, so it has a place lol. theyre all clean as hell

and that ae86.....moar?

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
Dude all of your photos belong here no matter what car it is.

·
Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
last pic of your car in front of his its like "watch this little brother"
HAHA

and that ae86.....moar?
Tyler's 86 is sweet. I've only got a couple more, his insta is @delbs_86. Also mine is @EFB055 if anyone wants to follow.

Dude all of your photos belong here no matter what car it is.
its fun to come here!

Helps me to imagine my car not disappearing from under me ...

Glad you guys enjoy it <3

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
988 Posts
This is better than the "dope car/ status" whatever thread

·
4,652 Posts
61 - 80 of 109 Posts