Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently embarked on a quest to eliminate all of the rice from my automobile, and my final stop was my exhaust. My old exhaust was a half stainless/half mild steel ractive catback. at each flange the piping shrunk to about an inch and a half then grew back to 2 1/2 right after. the mild steel midpipe was throroughly rusted and being that i was running a meineke "test-pipe" the car was loud. very loud. i could hear it five miles away. After some research i discovered the rs*r exmag. This is a very high quality exhaust. The welds are absolutely beautiful and there are even little support structures at the flange (probably more for looks but hey they look cool)... although it is mild steel it has a very attractive black ceramic finish and the tip is awesome too. The muffler is pretty big and its not the typical straight through design, it looks more like a really nice stock exhaust. The best part is the sound... not raspy at all its a nice deep tone and its quiet enough that i can once again hear my intake loud and clear. The installation was very easy i bolted that and a napa high flow cat on in about 30 minutes... no directions included but you dont really need it... one thing that had me nervous was the fitment, because rs*r doesn't have a product for the 4 door, much less a dx 4 door,so i had to get one off an ex coupe, but with my header and the napa cat (for a 92-95 civic ex) the exhaust fit perfectly. i would recommend it to anyone.
dan

E

·
0 Posts
Nice...rs*r makes some damn exhaust systems. Too bad i cant really afford them so I'm stuck with my raspy, shitty sounding crush-bent exhaust system =P

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i will take some as soon as i find my digital camera... we just moved and a lot of stuff is still boxed up... i think i wanna get a new hanger for it first too, when i had my old exhaust i had to get a longer then stock hanger because the shitty exhaust didnt fit right so now the right side of this one hangs lower and it looks like crap but once i get that fixed and find the camera (probably this weekend) i'll put up some pics and a sound byte for ya

1 - 4 of 4 Posts