Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
That's right, this will be my first event to chair and course to design on September 23! Our event 6 went off well and was chaired by first-timer and fellow DSO member Abide. We're a small region, with turnout usually between 35-55 on a fairly small asphalt lot, but the top third of our PAX'ers are guys who've been doing it a long time and have been competitive at nationals and tour events if you want a challenge!

8AM - Registration opens
8:30AM - Tech-in opens
9:30AM - Driver's meeting
10AM - First car on course

$20 for novices and SCCA members
$30 for non-members and non-novices

We're usually done by around 2-3PM, depending on how many people show up. Course layout isn't finalized, but this is pretty close to what it'll end up being.

Should note that start is on the left, exit is in the middle. I'm open to pointers from veteran autocrossers on here for course setup advice.

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know im excited......FOR VENGEANCE

and seeing if the co-driver has improved
I bet she's gotten more experience working your stick shift ZING!

Totally related:

I may actually wash my car if time permits it, after the alignment tomorrow it should be done so I can tidy it up Friday since the strip is closed.

·
Registered
840 Posts
damn why do you have to be so far away :-/ i wanna see this is action looks like a fun course and alot like the one i just drove, i've been meaning to post my kick ass videos for you placed first in CS in an rx8 last weekend i have 8 runs to post and 6 from two weeks before that haha

·
Premium Member
88 RT4WD wagon
227 Posts
I'm planning on washing mine saturday if you just wanna come over early. pressure washer is good to go for wheels too. Just need to mow first so i dont get grass all over everything.

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
damn why do you have to be so far away :-/ i wanna see this is action looks like a fun course and alot like the one i just drove, i've been meaning to post my kick ass videos for you placed first in CS in an rx8 last weekend i have 8 runs to post and 6 from two weeks before that haha
Haha yeah, it does suck. We should start an autocross video thread.

I'm planning on washing mine saturday if you just wanna come over early. pressure washer is good to go for wheels too. Just need to mow first so i dont get grass all over everything.
You must be lonely in that house with just you and the cat lol. I've gotta clean the crap off these tires, guess I'll use a buffer and some sandpaper haha.

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
Love the maniacal laugh that starts at 1:26 =)

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Interesting, like you didn't like it?! Lol. Course was fun but didn't flow like I wanted, we had to reverse the start/finish and run it backward so we wouldn't be exiting into the spectator area. It was also quite a bit faster than I had anticipated, I know Abide was riding limiter through the crossover after the chicago box and I was bumping it as well.

I'll post some pics and a video of my 5th run (about a second off my fastest). My car was all over the place til the last run when I figured out how to drive on R comps...aaaaand could've been the toe out I had dialed in.

Kappa PAX'd 21, Abide was 7th and I finished 4th being .022" of the FTD.

·
Premium Member
88 RT4WD wagon
227 Posts
interesting on your raw time.

I hate hate hate not being able to tune still. I could have bounced for another second or two and still had control. But the up-shift would slow me down. maybe they will change the rules or someone that isn't greddy will have a decent piggy back by then. not being able to buy a cheap $700 flasher just infuriates me

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Abide's car, his "co-driver" piloting it here:

Kappa's new ride:

Me:

Some others there

Top PAX car, actually took 1st and 2nd with co-drivers:

Our friend's FR-S, stock just running STX

Fastest RAW time car (.022" faster than me >_<)

·
Registered
840 Posts
Haha yeah, it does suck. We should start an autocross video thread.

You must be lonely in that house with just you and the cat lol. I've gotta clean the crap off these tires, guess I'll use a buffer and some sandpaper haha.
deal, i'll upload all my videos when i get to my girls place thats a very good idea i like that

·
Registered
840 Posts
and another question why are those 2.5rs in STC is it just a common mistake cause it happens at a small club i go to and it just doesn't seem right

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No, they're in the rule book in STC. STC now has a set list of cars in it, it is really about the only thing that can come close to an STC 89-91 Civic Si, even then it's really not that close. They're heavy and underpowered, open front diff and viscour rear with a fwd bias on the power. That one above will be nice soon, he's got some AST coilovers he'll put on one day.

·
Registered
840 Posts
man thats intresting, too bad like you said really nothing can touch the 89 si's i need to get me one, but there aren't any even worth looking at around here

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Honestly, STC is such a hard class to get competitive in (as is STS), that's one reason I decided to stay SMF. Lot more money, but not as much competition nationally.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts