Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What going on guys having a issue with vehicle rpm the vehicle is a 1998 honda civic ex auto .after the vehicle timing belt got destroyed while driving the head bent a couple valve. After a couple of week i found a replacement head the was in great condition from a friend i decide to replace the head. Ive done it a couple of time before so i went on ahead and replace the head everything was a success after car turn on with no issue. After driving it for 3 day i notice that the rpm will shoot up to 3k and stay their. It will stay accelrated then it will go away found the throttle cable to tight so i went and adjust it. After that 2 day later and now a common problem my rpm will shoot down to 300-150 rpm and when u punch the gas the car wont move or move so slighlty. So i went and adjust the cable so thigthen it o so little just where my rpm is at 500-600 and i also clean the throttle body reomve alot gunk in it after doing that. A whole passed by with no problem till today where rpm dropped again and it wont move. It seem everytime i adjust the cable it will work for a lil bit amd the go bad has any ever encounter this type of issue before swapping a head or just in general. Sorry for the big story i wrote up but im try to give you guys all the detail i can please help this is getting very annoying adjust the cable

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
Quit adjusting the cable and leave it so it doesn't pull the throttle plate at all. You have an issue with something or somewhere in the swap. Likely a vacuum leak, spray some carb cleaner near the TB and intake and see if the RPM's change, if you hear the motor respond to it than you have a leak and need to fix it and start again.

Also bumping a thread on a really slow forum (within 2 minutes) on a Saturday when most of us have real shit to do is just annoying.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,030 Posts
also, did you bleed the coolant afterwards? timing correct?

Reactions: buzzbomb

·
Registered
97 EJ6 boosted D16Z6
1,079 Posts

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
Like BeerDrinkin said, sounds like a vac leak. Could have the throttle cable too tight, or even a bent tb blade(unlikely unless you had a nitrous backfire!) Also try the adjustment screw on the top of the tb slightly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts