Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, yestarday I was driving my car and suddenly when I go to 4000 rpm´s the tach needle start to jump to 5000-5500-4500 then go back to 4000 this only happend when I go to 4000 rpm´s or more, any idea what is going on ????

Dizzy is failing???

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does this affect performance???

·
Registered
283 Posts
Tach signal comes from the dist. I have also seen the tach jump from bad ground

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
^Could, but if you're like me and hadn't touched a thing in the car and it did it started to do this out of the blue...it's mostly likely the dizzy. A new "reman" one can be had for around $100. Try Ebay.

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
408 Posts
Igniter is the coil??'

Cause I have one msd external coil and dizzy cap, I can switch it.
Ignitor is in the distributor but this isnt the case, its the points/sensors inside the distributor. I replaced everything in mine and it still did it till i swapped the complete distributor.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The distributer in a Z6 has a crank angle sensor. That could be why your RPMs aren't being read correctly. However, don't know how it could have been damaged? Do you beat the piss out of your car?

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The distributer in a Z6 has a crank angle sensor. That could be why your RPMs aren't being read correctly. However, don't know how it could have been damaged? Do you beat the piss out of your car?
I was having and Ecu code with my last dizzy I think TDC sensopr, but not problems at all, then I switch the dizzy for another one (used) and tach is jumping, but no ECU code, I´ll put my old dizzy again.

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ignitor changed and seems now runs good.

Thanks guys

1 - 15 of 15 Posts