Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Just walk
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all.. im new here.. from malaysia.. nice to join this forum..
i got sumthin to ask here..
i own an ej8 sohc auto.. malaysia built one.. d16y8 i guess.. izzit?
but thats not the issue..
i just want to ask if there is a way for me to remove the rpm cut at 7.5k?
its kind of disturbing.. hehe.. when chasing (really can chase?)at d3 it only can get 180km/h becoz of that deym rpm cut.. so i need to shift it to d4 to go far..
so far i can get 200km/h.. not yet try further.. hehe.. its malaysia road..
so.. can it be remove.. if can how.. thanks anyway..

·
sprinkle fingers
honda or mustang gt
435 Posts
hi all.. im new here.. from malaysia.. nice to join this forum..
i got sumthin to ask here..
i own an ej8 sohc auto.. malaysia built one.. d16y8 i guess.. izzit?
but thats not the issue..
i just want to ask if there is a way for me to remove the rpm cut at 7.5k?
its kind of disturbing.. hehe.. when chasing (really can chase?)at d3 it only can get 180km/h becoz of that deym rpm cut.. so i need to shift it to d4 to go far..
so far i can get 200km/h.. not yet try further.. hehe.. its malaysia road..
so.. can it be remove.. if can how.. thanks anyway..
Not so sure why you want to go 125mph on street roads and not only that go faster than that? However you can chip your ecu to change rev point but however you going to have to take out speed govenor as well. you want really reach much speeds faster than that if your stock with a really long straight away and civics don't handle that well that fast with stock suspension. I just feel your asking for trouble going that fast on the streets in my opinion.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Not so sure why you want to go 125mph on street roads and not only that go faster than that? However you can chip your ecu to change rev point but however you going to have to take out speed govenor as well. you want really reach much speeds faster than that if your stock with a really long straight away and civics don't handle that well that fast with stock suspension. I just feel your asking for trouble going that fast on the streets in my opinion.
agreed. I understand it's probably a deserted country road, but unless you've had training, anything around 100 is asking for trouble, especially in our civics. They get bouncy around there....

·
sprinkle fingers
honda or mustang gt
435 Posts
my opinion on a stock motor, anything over 200hp or 7300 rpm the motor cant take it and will finally blow
honestly i've pushed 296 whp and 240 wtq on a stock single for almost a year never blew. now building a motor. not saying stock motors are suppose to hold that much. however i feel with a good tune i would run up to 240whp and feel pretty safe. I ran 256 whp for almost 40,000 miles all together i had my stock motor boosted pushing 250 or more for 72,000 miles 5 years thousand and thousand of runs down the track and motor still had 185 comp accross the boards. I sold the motor even after that. It was a freak of a motor thats for sure. was kinda hard to sell it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts