Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

New problem here, so I got a p06 ecu for my d15b7 and chipped it with a phereble.net base map. For 2 weeks it worked great, pulled a lot harder than my b18 ecu. One day I tested out my launch control on private parking lot(my bosses property he doesn't mind). And all was well. Then I drive to the gas station to fill and once I restarted the idle was very stumbly and almost stalls for around 15-20 seconds. However after that it runs 100%. I checked every part of my ignition all seemed well. So I just put the old integra obd2a ecu back in and starts completely normal, then I switched back to p06 and stumbly start almost stalling for around 30 seconds then normal. I opens the p06 and checked all my solder job and all looked well. I dont know what it could be. The base map is still running on it as launch control and check engine shift light are still working. Could it be the ecu itself? I dont know why it would just run perfectly after around 30 seconds. Also no check engine light on either obd2 or obd1 ECU's. My d15b7 just has I/h/e and all the y8 parts(intake mani, dizzy, throttle body, injectors....)
Thanks for reading,
Steve

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Rough start on chiped ecu

Update: Redid all my solder joints even though they looked good. Starts right up now, must of been a slow/bad connection somewhere.

·
Registered
6,821 Posts
turn off launch control, and see what happens.

also, when was fuel filter changed out last? seems a fillup also added to the mix of issues.,

BACKTRACK. when was it perfect last? did you forget a couple bolts to tighten? 2 weeks of operation is enough to expose bolts forgotten to final tighten

EDIT bah, took too long to type my post lol

solder joints can be tricky to track down, at least you got her done

1 - 3 of 3 Posts