Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so after i warm up my car my motor usually starts just shaking. It stays at the same idle rev but just shakes like crazy, enough to shake my shiftknob to a point where i just can't stand it. I pop the hood and i hear like popping noises coming from my header. My motor mounts are good i know that for a fact. One mechanic says i have a misfire. When i first bought the car it was all fine then i changed the spark plugs to the cheapest Denso's in Auto Zone and after a couple of months i began to feel this. I changed them again and bought the same Denso's and it still the same. Could it be more than just spark plugs?

What are the best plugs to get for a stock I/H/E Z6? SparkPlugs.com says to get ZFR5J-11 and in another spot i read to get BKR5E-11 Both are supposedly V-Power plugs but different numbers.

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
stock NGK's are supposedly the best. But I run the cheapest plugs autozone has with no problems. bosch, they don't have those shitty point tip though.

How do you know the mounts are good? What did the plugs look like when you took them out?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
stock NGK's are supposedly the best. But I run the cheapest plugs autozone has with no problems. bosch, they don't have those shitty point tip though.

How do you know the mounts are good? What did the plugs look like when you took them out?
While driving i dont feel that much motion on my shifter. For example when i let off the throttle at low RPM's my shifter doesn't move. It only shakes like this when its at idle. When i last took the spark plugs the tip was somewhat white ish. I'll take a picture for you guys to see.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
While driving i dont feel that much motion on my shifter. For example when i let off the throttle at low RPM's my shifter doesn't move. It only shakes like this when its at idle. When i last took the spark plugs the tip was somewhat white ish. I'll take a picture for you guys to see.
Here are pictures of my spark plugs
They are DENSO KJ16CR-L11

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, lots of feedback :X Well i went to Napa ordered some V Power spark plugs and will problably get the NGK platinum wires. Still debating wether should change the cap and rotor as well since im on a tight budget.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys i'll check for a vaccum leak this weekend and the distributor cap and rotor.

·
Registered
1991 crx dx
221 Posts
also make sure you dont have any wires crossed on the dizzy and all plugs are getting fire when they are suppose to get fire

1 - 9 of 9 Posts