Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently painted my 91 andi need to install new roof moldings. Anybody have any idea where I can find a set or maybe some sort of weather strip or something that i can glue in?

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Fill with self leveling seam sealer. Ask an auto body shop. It's not cheap but works well and can be painted. It also keeps the water out and you don't get the roof rust in the front corners. That's how I did the race car

·
Registered
32 Posts
If you use self leaveing tape off your windshield and back glass. It will run down it and it sucks to get off. Good stuff tho. Only bad thing is you need a 2 part gun to use it. I think its about 14 to 20 bucks a tube.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
For some reason I can't even find the roof moldings in the parts catalog? Its not in any of the common areas I would think they would be in...

·
Registered
2009 civic si
154 Posts
I'm in the process of fixing the rust at the windshield from those trim pieces....I was actually considering just leaving them off and doing nothing with the channel

It isn't a show car, so figured why not

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
I left my roof moldings on, sanded the crap out of them and painted them, they turned out very nice.

·
Registered
2009 civic si
154 Posts
I left my roof moldings on, sanded the crap out of them and painted them, they turned out very nice.
I have big rust issues from the moulding....is it best to leave them on?

I figured why risk another rust issue in the future...so thought I would not replace them

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i had the same rust in the corner issues. i had that fixed and i painted the car since then. Go to your local windshield replacement guy and ask him if he has any universal moldings. They make on that i like an offset "T" shape. its 3/4 inch wide and you can glue it into the grove where the roof moldings go an it looks great and works. I bought 11 feet for $20. i would definatly put something in the grove. mine has a seriouse water leak on the drivers side since its been missing. I will post pics as soon as i install the weather strip

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
they are hard to get off the car without breaking them. because they have metal inside them they also bend

1 - 10 of 10 Posts