Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Title says it all. My wifes recently purchased 7th gen suspension is completely shot. Shocks and springs are toast. I was looking for replacement components when I came across these Rokkor Coil overs. They are fairly cheap, (I dont typically cheap on suspension, but this will be no race car just a daily) and offer a three year warranty, (if they honor it)

Anybody have real world experience with these?

Spring Rates:

Front – 310 lbs/inch

Rear – 435 lbs/inch <== bit high I think

Something I thought was odd - has anyone seen this before when purchasing suspension? I sure have not.

***Please note: When installing these coilovers, it is extremely important to ensure that your front upper strut mounts include bearings that are in good condition. If the bearing is not included upon installation or the bearing is worn, spring bind can occur which will cause unnecessary damage to the coilover that is not covered under warranty. Depending on the set ride height, the front camber settings will change and longer tie rod ends may be required.***

Damn?!?! How low do these go?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Seems like an easy way out of doing warrantee work. Kind of like the stains on a mattress voids the warrantee. If it smells like bullshit it usually is.

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
They seem to be the sister company of race land, that should say a lot. There's a couple reviews on HT.

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Hmmm.. Interesting never heard of them before.

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I know a lot of the VW guys run Rokkor and love them.
Well at least somebody has had success with them. I have not read any reviews about raceland. I will have to look them up.

What do you guys think about the spring rates on these?

Front – 310 lbs/inch

Rear – 435 lbs/inch

·
Registered
64 Posts
on 7thgen alot of the guys there have run them. most use them to just go low and that it. the warranty is good also call and say hey your ish blu then they send you a new one some times without having to send back the old one. there mostly for inbetwwen setup or all my oem stuff is blown and i just want something that works.

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
on 7thgen alot of the guys there have run them. most use them to just go low and that it. the warranty is good also call and say hey your ish blu then they send you a new one some times without having to send back the old one. there mostly for inbetwwen setup or all my oem stuff is blown and i just want something that works.
This SO on point. Thats EXACTLY what im after. My stock shit is completely gone.

I did look up raceland and nnr and rokkor, didnt see any fail threads, it seems most who have run them say they are ok for dd but not so much racing. No failure reports like with BWR though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.