Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Hatch
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I have had a issue with the D16's ratio too B16's ratio...I want to shoot high well into a 400+hp range...but with full boost at 5500 or so I was thinking to extend the rev limter to 8200 or higher but then I started to think about the rod to stroke ratio...I was thinking of the ovaling effects of a lower R to S ratio, I mean obviously the motor isnt going to last 100K miles, but I just wanted to hear some input on the subject...

·
Registered
92 Hatch
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive looked at the link in ur sig a couple times...very nice I got an EF hatch also but in Black...and Im building a Z6 block also...as is 90% of the people making 300+hp...I got the Rods, bearings, ported oil pump...etc... ur using OEM headgasket? I want to get some nice forged pistons to go along with the rods but $$$ comin up short, and was thinking Vitara's but the cold piston slap doesnt sound to appealing, and Im sure the piston to wall clearence is off even when the piston expands...I might sound a bit anal bout these things, but I think u have to be to make that kind of power, and make it last...anyways anyone else want to comment on the R to S ratio...I kind of came to relize that the life of this motor is not going to be Long enough for the R to S ratio to play to big of a role in creating a ovaling problem...but still input?

·
Registered
943 Posts
I want to get some nice forged pistons to go along with the rods but $$$ comin up short, and was thinking Vitara's but the cold piston slap doesnt sound to appealing,
Most forged pistons are going to rattle when the engine is cold due to the extra clearance needed to compensate for expansion.

...anyways anyone else want to comment on the R to S ratio...I kind of came to relize that the life of this motor is not going to be Long enough for the R to S ratio to play to big of a role in creating a ovaling problem...but still input?
I've overhauled several z6 engines with 250k-300k miles on em and the only ones that had out of round cylinders were badly overheated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts