Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yeah the crappy engine i had in my car blew up.
Was pretty awesome. Shot the rod through the block at Cylinder#1. Nice big hole. I will post pictures later.

Anyways, three days later and bolts missing, parts breaking I get new engine in car.

Start it up, Runs great quiet etc.

Did the PCV Trick for catch can.

I take it for a drive, speedo does not work correctly i think the plug is corroded. (gotta fix that problem)

and then smoke out of the exhaust, AGAIN!, what the hell. No way it's the engine. I didn't drive it hard yet. I thought maybe it was old oil burning off, let it run for 20 min. then drove again still smoke.

Coolant was super pressurized. Coolant was bled. its GOT TO BE THE TURBO BAD.

I took out the coolant lines to turbo, took it for a ride, still smoke. smells oily.

Has to be the turbo seals gone. It's really pissing me off and i'm on last leg with this car.

Today or tomorrow I will be taking off the turbo/oil line putting stock back on and seeing what happens. This is just pissing me off.

If it's the turbo Great, it's the last thing it could be

Junkyard engine has 103k on clock, original tb, no sludge, engine looked good.

So yeah this is where i'm at.

·
Registered
97 civic lx
967 Posts
If you got the engine out of a junkyard, than there's no telling how long it sat. Something like that needs to be rebuilt before its installed.

Remember, reliability first, performance second.

·
Registered
Wagovan
773 Posts
Are we sure he needs to be doing a k swap right now?:3dtard:

Just because there was no sludge doesnt mean something is'nt wrong
Coolant is way pressurized? HG?
Sounds like mutiple problems,go with your idea, take your turbo off and see if it still smokes on a stock ecu. That might help you figure if its the turbo or engine.
The more corners you cut, the more shits gonna break/not work right.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No way it's the head gasket. 4 engines later, 700$ or so wasted on this swap alone, and i'm fed up. I will get back with the results of putting the stock manifold on etc.

Oil is fine.
When I pulled turbo off the blown engine there was no oil in turbo. just carbon buildup.. Maybe oil burned off from the heat?

I pulled the 2 coolant lines from turbo went for a spin it's deff oil.

I will be pulling the turbo off tuesday and hoping for best.

I will not Kswap it because it's way to much to find a Kmotor around me. Also i'm on last legs with car, might bring it back to stock and trade it in, or may light it on fire to get $$$ nothing is ever right on the car.

I replaced the whole front end with new tie rods, balljoints, compliance bushings,inner tie rods etc.

Get an alignment and apparently the inner tie rods I got (from ebay) are junk. They could not turn the inner tie rod inside the outer. claim it went all the way in, so I still have neg toe in front.

Town Fair Tire Sucks. So now I have to either confirm this on the now stripped out tie rods again from them, or buy replacements.

ugh!

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
ive blown up 5 motors up to this point and after the last one i decided to build a motor instead of blow them up. After that my crx has been down for 1 year.

Not to be an asshole, but your crying over 700$ and some smoke out the exhaust pisses me off.

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI hb
1,871 Posts
or spend the 1000$ and fully build your bottom end and you will have no worries. and really uou can do it for $700 so if you just built your bottom end in the first place you would have been out the same money but you car would have worked since the day you turboed it

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ive blown up 5 motors up to this point and after the last one i decided to build a motor instead of blow them up. After that my crx has been down for 1 year.

Not to be an asshole, but your crying over 700$ and some smoke out the exhaust pisses me off.

Actually I have blown up 4 engines already.

And I have everything to build a motor, just no extra cash/time to send it out to get machined/put back together!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Evan's not true, esp if my turbo Is gone......

Taking it off today/tomm to see what happens. Had to find a plug for the oil pan as i don't want to swap the pan.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts