Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So at my last track event I was checking everything out between sessions and discovered #1 was slightly knocking (D16Z6)...I called it quits and came home early since I already put #1 through the block on another motor less than 3 months ago!

I have not had time to pull it yet but from y'alls experance what damage does a knocking rod do?

Does it usually spin the bearing on the crank or just mess up the rod?

I know it is hard to answer what is wrong with mine without cracking it open but i just wanted to get an idea of what is usually the case.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
i dunno i use to hear a lil knock on my motor later found out my tranny been making the noise all this time

·
Registered
438 Posts
usually the damage is to the crank and not the rod. the bearing surface is pretty soft copared to the backing so it is the first to go. I wouldn't drive it much longer though as the pieces of bearing will just make their way thru the rest of the motor and take out more things along the way.

Besides bearings are cheap.

might also want to find out what caused the knock in the first place.

·
Registered
555 Posts
everyone ive broke down it always demolished the the rod bearings, the rod was burnt up, an the crank was threw away. but seei that you calledit quit right when you heard it you might get lucky.

·
Registered
371 Posts
all my experience tore the journals on the crank not so much the rod.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts