Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know the exact part number for the ARP rod bolts that comes on the D-series Tuner toy rods? I accidently over torque them and need to purchase new ones. I contacted TT but they didn't sell the bolts and said I had to buy new rods just to get the bolts.
P.S. these are the ARP 8740 bolts. or if you know the part number for ARP 2000 bolts that would fit the TT rods

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Now, the question is how much did you "over torque" them to? Not sure, but if it's ALOT...new rods might be needed.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
Now, the question is how much did you "over torque" them to? Not sure, but if it's ALOT...new rods might be needed.
You can go 50 ft/lbs on the ARP's and not hurt anything.

Sucky instructions and no mention the the rod bolts neck down from 3/8" to 5/16".......quite a few people have screwed this up. I was told 50/75, you could feel the bolts stretch at 50 ft/lbs :(

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I torque them to 47 pounds on 30 weight oil. but i just want to redo them with a stretch gauge and use new bolts. i want to do them properly.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Okay, it wasn't as bad as I had thought. Good idea about getting new ones...for the peace of mind!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The option of buying a set of rods and take apart my whole motor just to redo rod bolts is out the window. I just need some new bolts that would fit the TT D-series rods either ARP 8740 or ARP 2000 bolts. any help would be appreciated!

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
so are the bolts on the TT rods 3/8"? cause the eagles one are
Eagles are 5/16", they neck down in the middle from 3/8"

Which you can't see, which is why their fucking instructions SUCK!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cool. thanks Tranzex, i am just going to assume that the eagle rod bolts are the same size as the TT rods and order them.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol. I know it usually turn out that way. TT usually have good customer service but getting the bolt size from them is net to impossible. so my options are next to nothing but to assume. I just dont want to put my motor together just to get a spun rod bearing so i am trying to do this right before it goes in to my car.

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Connecting rods with arp sometime needs to be bored back to stock spec. Pressing new rods bolts in it might distort rods little bit, enough to get troubles with bearing, plastigauge is good on the bottom end, and each side of the bolts, lock the cranck.

We had this troubles with this, and a motor machine shop not to far of here, they do ferraris, 2 nascar teams and much more, they are awesome. They told me about boring back rods stock to spec and arp have to be thighten to STOCK OEM SPEC WITHOUT LUB anyways fine or coarse threads. They do that on their race engine and last last last....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts