Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first D-series post so please bare with me...I've been doing some research on my motor (d16y8) and I've come across quite a few people who have had the unfortunate experience of blowing the 4th rod bearing in thier y8. After doing it myself at only 75k, I am now second guessing building my D. I've heard this is due to the oil pump, (starvation). So...can I build and get 200whp and not have to worry about my rod bearings again or shold I just forget it and do the B18c? Please help! :-?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya I know. I know that 200whp will take some work and some proper tuning from this motor. Too many horror stories had me second guessing that's all.

Thanks bro.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've heard the z6 block is better for building and it is an option but if it's just a matter of upgrading my oil pump, I'll stick with my y8. Thanks for the advice though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay. So is a 200whp daily driver a realistic goal or am I living in dreamland?

:newbie:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yikes! Spray is out of the question. I want access to the 200whp all the time.

So should I start with the block, the head, or just collect all the pieces and install everything one time?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Yikes! Spray is out of the question. I want access to the 200whp all the time.

So should I start with the block, the head, or just collect all the pieces and install everything one time?
In all honesty bro. I highly doubt you getting 200whp N/A out of a D-series.

But, if your going to build it for all motor. I say invest your money and wisely into the head. That's where all the power is at.

·
Registered
438 Posts
oh...and an oil pump right?
Yes. But. to be honest bro, your going to spend WELL over 4-5 grand just to even get close to that amount of WHP. I'd just go B-series all motor if you wanted to stay N/a with over 200 whp.

But.

I been there, done that with the b-series.

ditched that and scrounged up my d16y8t :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If i do go turbo, what kind of reinforcments am I looking at? Remember, i want reliability, but I would also like to keep up with '06 GTI's and Si's when necessary.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts