Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, i just opened my supposedly new, never been opened rod bearing kit that i bought from a user here on d-series, and found that half of a rod bearing was missing. So i have 3 and a half bearings. This it totally bullshit and i need to know if i can go to the deal and just buy 1 rod bearing from them.

BUT heres the catch, the bearing kit that i have now is acl, so is it okay to mix bearings or is it highly not reccommeded.

If i cant, i will have to try to call acl and see if they will sell me just one rod bearing. Or i will have to buy a whole new kit.

I need help on this, so if you know, please give me your input!!!

thanks alot

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
a pm has already been sent to the member, but im not going to wait around to get it resolved. I need to know if its okay to mix bearings by running 3 acl rod bearings and one oem rod bearing.

thanks

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
should be fine as long as they are all the same thickness. if it were me i would run oem bearings on all of them. especially since you have so much money in the build

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how much money does a set of oem rod bearings cost?

i DONT want to mix the bearing types.....but i do want to get this thing done. im tired of everything going wrong. Im going to call acl tomorrow and see if they will work with me on just selling one rod bearing.

if not, oem is what will happen.

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
we paid 220 for a set for a b16 :(

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
anymore inputs on using one oem bearig with 3 acl bearings? They all speced out with the use of plastigauge......so if the oem specs out as well, what does it really matter. I understand its prolly not a good idea, but are the thicknesses really different, and whats it matter if everything specs out?

thanks for all of the inputs!!!:TU:

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i am running 1 or 2 pairs of ACL mains, and the rest are OEM. as long as they spec fine, go for it
good.....i guess im kind of confused. i thought rod and main bearings were different. the only reason i say that is because you posted the link to the hondaautomotiveparts.com and said main bearings were under $100.

just to get this confusion cleared up, running acl bearings on 3 of the rods, and oem on one of the rods is ok, just as long as they spec out?

sorry for the questions and confusion, i just want to be sure, because if i can go to the dealer and get this one bearing tomorrow, then i know my car will be running on saturday!!!

thanks for all of the help everyone!!

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
bought the bearing today.....i actually got 2, incase 1 didnt spec out. should still be together this weekend. thanks for everyones help!!

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
they are like about 8-9$ for a half bearing... so u can go to the dealer and color match the one u need... i paid 70 for a full kit when i was told by the dealer it would be 40$ but i needed them that day so i payed it out.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
im tired of everything going wrong.
don't let it get you down, sh!t happens, it's how you deal with it that's important... when your build is done, it will be that much sweeter! :jesus:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts