Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have a d15b2. i want to use vitara pistons for my turbo build. will the vitara pistons work in the d15b2 block? and what forged rodss could i get for the same block to fit the vitaras? please help me out!

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
i have a d15b2. i want to use vitara pistons for my turbo build. will the vitara pistons work in the d15b2 block? and what forged pistons could i get for the same block to fit the vitaras? please help me out!
SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH!!!! that is your best friend. and i hope you meant rods when you said what forged pistons could i get for the block to fit.

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
that does say d15 (jdm) but wouldnt it be the same stroke? so for the same rod? just tryin to help ya bro.

·
Boost Gets You Laid
Del Sol
4,402 Posts
As long as the pistons are the same mm as your sleeves you're aiight. I dunno about wristpin size though

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
As long as the pistons are the same mm as your sleeves you're aiight. I dunno about wristpin size though
i think he was tlakin about rods? but i think all d seires pistons are all stock bore at 75 mm correct? and thats should be no problem finding those and i also thought rods would be the same deal (easy to find). not sure tho might be wrong on this one

·
Boost Gets You Laid
Del Sol
4,402 Posts
i think he was tlakin about rods? but i think all d seires pistons are all stock bore at 75 mm correct? and thats should be no problem finding those and i also thought rods would be the same deal (easy to find). not sure tho might be wrong on this one

Right, but I dunno if the wristpin size is the same between the 1.5 adn 1.6

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
Right, but I dunno if the wristpin size is the same between the 1.5 adn 1.6
ahh gotcha!! im sure someone will know this one but i have no clue haha.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks guys that helped me out. the d15 and d16 wrist pin is the same bore so i think i might just use the vitaras on the stock rods since i dont plan on going over 200hp but that might change after fjt gets those new rods out lol

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
thanks guys that helped me out. the d15 and d16 wrist pin is the same bore so i think i might just use the vitaras on the stock rods since i dont plan on going over 200hp but that might change after fjt gets those new rods out lol
Cant do that either vitaras are floating pin stock are press in just get a 1.6 block;)

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
if the motor is running now, dont bother ripping it apart for 200hp imho...just run stock internals for now

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts