Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, time for some anticipation....on Oct. 8th Rockfalls raceway will host the sport compact world. time to meet up MN and Wis. peeps. i'mma be there: black '97 ex coupe, big fog lights, and angle eyes. but before that, i'm swapping out my "stocker" to my bro's a6 rigged with:
-p29 pistons,
-z6 head; ported(myself),
-crower 3 cam,
-ebay header,
-no cat; stock exhaust,
-s2 im,
-aem sri,
-b16a tb 60mm
-act stage 1 clutch kit
-all new crank and rod bearings

doing the swap on thursday morning, friday night: finish up swap (if any), saturday: tune with uberdata and lm1 and drive around for about 400 miles to break in, sunday hit up rockfalls and tune some more.:thehump:

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
haha, didn't go but my friends did and they said there's a bunch of cars hitting 13's and some 12's, one 11.2. (must be some b-series) that means i've alot of competition. i did find out something rather interesting...grandprix gt's run 15 mids/low. My brother just beat one the other day with my old setup which is stock y8 bottom, ported (myself) head, s2 im, ebay exhaust, no cat, aem sri, b16 tb, ubertuned (myself).

i did get the build done, but the break-in is taking forever. gosh that cam ticks like crazy. make gobs of torque/power at 3+rpms. cam set at -3 degrees. i wanna go -4 but i didn't clay the motor...sucks!!! has anyone with this setup tried -4 with vtec and no issues?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts