Honda D Series Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
544 Posts
EFB055, springs is not only sagged . Yesterday I talked with the other person with 2nd RM set. They measured the spring rate of some springs. There was a differences of 3 kg/mm2 ...... His car is not more than a 20-30 miles.
You are a technical person, and probably You know even if spring is sagged , the rate must be the same. The different rate can only be due to poor quality material.
Sorry to hear about your debacle. Dealing with shit products is one thing, dealing with a company with bad product support is another thing all together.

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
Something like this you need to post the full story, not a short version as you did.

What were the installed heights?

·
Registered
2 Posts
That sucks that your having an issue with RM...

I built a vitara sohc about 4 years ago, we are using RM stage 5 cam with RM valve springs haven't had a single issue to this day revving to 8200 rpm.

All I use on my car and the majority of my customers cars is RM cam and valve train and not a single issue. Currently I am using a custom single lobe cam M24x on my road race h22 and have no issues, I ran the m21x for a while but decided I want more power and lighter valve train so I went with the single lobe.

couple of my customers cars have been running m24xx cam and valve train with no issues for years so I don't know why your having an issue with your valve springs but I will vouch for RM and his product all day

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
The original poster never posted any sort of pictures, never gave out more information, and never gave out installation information.

This was probably an attempt at getting support for a false case.

False, as in, perhaps all along, this was the result of a not-so-100% installation.

AKA, I can have the worlds best exhaust header for my car, but if it has a tiny exhaust somewhere between the head flange and O2 sensor, it wont run at its best

·
Registered
CRX ECODiesel Ram
1,036 Posts
I can understand a bad batch of parts, that can happen to almost any company, but something else just doesn't add up imo.

I am running a RM stage 4 regrind, but I already had Isky springs in my head, regardless its been tens of thousands of miles on the springs and a few years on the cam and I am still happy!

·
Registered
ek hatch
73 Posts
I would try phoning and leaving a message , leave a fbook message and another email.im sure he would much rather refund your money and send you a goodie to attempt to compensate you for your troubles than have his business /livelyhood be put on blast on social
Media.i know you already attempted to contact but its always worth another try and give a time frame as his business may be super busy.he may have gotten a badbatch from his manufacturer

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
Robert (the owner) doesn't care about people trying to blast him. He works at a law firm by day. He just does RM for fun. Without any of the basic stuff we've asked the OP for, Robert would tell him to kick rocks.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,307 Posts
Robert (the owner) doesn't care about people trying to blast him. He works at a law firm by day. He just does RM for fun. Without any of the basic stuff we've asked the OP for, Robert would tell him to kick rocks.
Sounds like a certain Irish Rally care team that would trash aftermarket Honda gears.

PS: I spied your IG in your sig., fuck if we weren't at the same event last year and didn't know it, Eibach @ Honda Heritage center.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
The first graph he posted is exactly what I would expect to see with lost valve train control.

Rocket has had a bunch of bad parts/cams lately and is basically telling people to go jump, without the slightest hint of help or trying to make things right. This story falls in line with others I've read. I cannot and do no recommend Rocket stuff anymore, which is annoying since they used to be really good.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The first graph he posted is exactly what I would expect to see with lost valve train control.

Rocket has had a bunch of bad parts/cams lately and is basically telling people to go jump, without the slightest hint of help or trying to make things right. This story falls in line with others I've read. I cannot and do no recommend Rocket stuff anymore, which is annoying since they used to be really good.
This topic opened my eyes, i have a d16z6 that is knocking and i'm gonna rebuildit but know i don't know what valvetrain to use... And i wanted to use RM stuff...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
RM cams is OK . Not top quality, but have good power increase . We use Motul 300V oil , and for now there is no signs of any wear.
Only don't buy springs from them :D

21 - 34 of 34 Posts