Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 civic dx coupe
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have a spare cam from a b7 laying around that i am putting in my dd b7 but when i put the rocker assembly back on the head the cam locks and wont spin ive tried both cams along with both rocker assemblies everything is exactly the way it was when it was removed i never had anything like this happen before

·
Registered
95 civic dx coupe
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i loosened the locknuts and backed the screws out as far as they will go and same thing it seems like the cam is being held in place by the journals like they are clamps there is no sign of scrape marks either after i removed to check it it wasnt lining up i.e gouges in aluminum

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
i loosened the locknuts and backed the screws out as far as they will go and same thing it seems like the cam is being held in place by the journals like they are clamps there is no sign of scrape marks either after i removed to check it it wasnt lining up i.e gouges in aluminum
Take it to a machine shop and have them inspect the cam for warpedge.

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
it was both cams tho the one i pulled out and the spare i had
Did you reassemble it with lube? You might want to take the head to a machine shop to see if the head is warped.

·
Registered
95 civic dx coupe
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
head is still on the motor and i didnt use assembly lube but i did soak it in thick oil and run a bead over everything before snugging it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts