Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Broke the rocker arm assembly itself on my d16z6, anyone know if a y8 in will work as a bolt in?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where would i do that at? talked to parts guy at honda today, and they dont sell just the rocker assembly. They sell the rockers, but the part i broke is the actual base itself.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
pics please or a better description. I think there is a junk head at Tim's shop, your not too far away......

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The part that broke is the aluminum peice that the bolt goes through to hold down the rocker assembly to the head. Like look at a z6 head with the rocker assembly fully tightedn, beliee its the second bolt from the passengers side on the top, looking at the car from the front. Basically where the bottom of the head of the bolt would rest while it was tightened, is what broke.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
majectichonda

Already checked it. They only have certain aprts though, unfortunately not that one. Thanks anyway :smile:

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll look on EGAY, doubt they'll have anything, and i got the one honda to ever come into a local junkyard...thats the motor in my car now! :)

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
cam cap, you just replace that without having the head machined.

About $100 for the align honing if needed.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea i assume it would be that. You sure i'd need the head machined if i just put a new assembly on it?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
yep, must be machined. The cam caps are machined to fit the HEAD the came on. The cap you replace could have too little clearance, cause the cam to seize, break the timing belt, destroy the motor.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hmm, that doesnt sound good. So would i be better off just purchasing a whole new head?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
if you can find one cheap enough.........I have one I can get rid of.......

My cylinder head porter is coming over tonight, maybe he has a easy cure for the old head.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I found a rocker arm assembly to purchase for 50 dollars. I dont really want a new head, because my cylinder head already has extensive (expensive) portwork on it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts