Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Being that its grilling season I thought I would post a recipe that goes well with almost all BBQ. You could possibly use this with twiced bake potatoes or just add your favorite cheese to pimp this recipe out!! Here goes:

1. What you'll need

Russet Potatoes
Garlic
Milk
Unsalted Butter
Sour Cream
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper (I like the peppercorn grinder and sea salt)
Chives
Parsley

2. Step One - Garlic

Preheat oven to 350 deg F. Get a ~1'x1' sheet of aluminum foil and place a few cloves of garlic with the tips cut off and drizzled with olive oil. Close the foil so no oil can drip out and place in the oven. Its ready when it smells fragrant, about 15-20 minutes

3. Step Two - Potatoes

Clean and chop potatoes into roughly inch cube pieces, cover with about an inch of good water and add a pinch or two of salt. Bring to a boil and reduce to med-hi heat. Boil potatoes for about 20 or so minutes, until a piece is soft and crumbles. This may take a couple batches to get right, not enough and it can be hard and stiff, too long and it can be thin and stringy. Drain water from potatoes leaving about a tablespoon to keep everything happy.

4. Step Three - Mash :jerkit:

Prepare ingredients, first finely chop a small bunch of chives and some parsley. Then measure about 2-2.5 tablespoons of unsalted butter. Mince a clove of the roasted garlic.

Next, add about a tablespoons of milk, two teaspoons of sour cream, the unsalted butter, garlic, chives, parsley, salt and pepper to taste to the cooked potatoes. Mash everything together being careful in the beginning because the melted butter will squirt. (heh!) Once all large chunks of potatoes are mashed move to a fork to fluff it up and viola home made potatoes that go awesome with beer, ribs, hamburgers and almost everything you throw at the grill.

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Sound like the potatoes my fiance makes when we grill, except hers are skin on red potatoes. Man, i can wait to get home from iraq and grill! I love garlic on anythign i grill, or what she makes!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts