Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys I been lurking for a while. totally noob when it comes to Hondas. I run a 91 CRX with a z6 in it. I sent out my head to 4P to get ported with complete ferrea valve train. intake flow # at 261 cfm with stock intake size. the engine is 76mm with aries 13.5:1 pistons, skunk 2 lite rods, plm bisi copy header. edelbrock intake with a 70mm throttle body. ID 1000cc injectors running VP E85 look for a cam. what do you guys recommend?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,748 Posts
consult SCCA or NASA for your class rules to see what you are allowed.

H2 if in NASA I believe, STL in SCCA.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not running scca or nasa so I am good there. running a different endurance event not real strict with the engine builds.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Contact Robert at Rocket Motorsports. You can reach him through his Facebook page. He's good at responding and very helpful. The Rocket Motorsports camshaft, springs and Ti retainers have been an essential part in the success of my motor build.

Reactions: transzex

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
crower 3 makes power up to 8500

Reactions: transzex

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
I would go with something that provides the most mid range. The Crower stage 2 has a NASTY low cam, and the VTEC lobe basically carries it from 6000-7500rpm. All low cam before that. IMHO it would work pretty damn good for cornering.

Colt can do you a tri flow, maybe a stage 1 or 2, both would work good. The stage one you could drop in and it would idle well and still provide a good amount of extra torque. The best part about the Colt cams is they use Honda cores for their regrinds, so the metal is very high quality and wont take your rocker pads out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts