Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are Turbo Hondas allowed to race at Road Atlanta? I want to go track there but I dont know if they allow boosted cars to race. Anyone usually take their boosted single cams out?

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Youre never going to be able to participate in any real sanctioned race.

You could however go play around on the track during a track day, assuming you can pass a basic tech inspection.

a few notes:
1) Running a turbo car on the track will put 2857349 times more stress on it than it has ever experienced on the street. If you dont have a well sorted cooling system and a good tune, there is no better way to blow your engine up very, VERY quickly.
The stuff you can get away with on the street is a virtual impossibility on the track.
2) Road Atlanta is not a n00b friendly track at all. Its not the same as it is in videogames. theer are several corners notorious for destroying cars. Ive raced on Road Atlanta and Ive seen it happen.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Probably not.
Theyre looking to make sure that your car is not leaking anything, your battery is secured properly, and stuff like that. Just basic safety requirements.

Tell me about your setup.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Like beav said, just imagine all of the stress you will be putting on different parts of the car for very extended periods of time. There are a ton of factors in road racing. Suspension and braking are two of the most important and you have cut springs and I'm guessing stock brakes? Tires are a factor also. It's not just about power. :p

·
B-series Destroyer
912 Posts
Cut springs and stock brakes on a track equals all sorts of fail. You might not even pass inspection with cut springs.

I personally would NEVER drive a car with cut springs. I have seen the damage they cause when they fail.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts